Quantcast

>>>> Monday GTM live from Amsterdam >>>>>>>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a super nice weekend in Stockholm with perfect weather. Only thing missing was some riding but help my brother get ready for his daughters christening.

Landed in Amsterdam today where I will be until Thursday evening. Great weather and no stress program.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

First day back to work after over a week off. Had fun with the wife and little one on our semi-annual road trip to visit the wifey's family. We went to a Sporting KC soccer game, went to a Royals baseball game, experienced the full solar eclipse, and spent lots of time chilling with family.

Now, on to sorting through over 300 emails that I got while I was gone... :twitch:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Didn't listen to @SkaredShtles and hiked Grays Peak on Saturday with the wife. Gotta say I'm proud of the wife for sticking with it, she's never hiked a 14er before and never been above 12K feet before. We bailed on Torreys and headed which turned out to be a good move as I was wracked by poop-pains on the descent and it took all the willpower I had to keep from turtling and drawing hieroglyphics in my underwear (unlike the 2 pairs of abandoned poopy underwear we saw during the hike) until I could get to a bathroom. Good times.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. FTS started high this morning and I doubt it will get better at any point.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mornin!

Didn't listen to @SkaredShtles and hiked Grays Peak on Saturday with the wife. Gotta say I'm proud of the wife for sticking with it, she's never hiked a 14er before and never been above 12K feet before. We bailed on Torreys and headed which turned out to be a good move as I was wracked by poop-pains on the descent and it took all the willpower I had to keep from turtling and drawing hieroglyphics in my underwear (unlike the 2 pairs of abandoned poopy underwear we saw during the hike) until I could get to a bathroom. Good times.
Pooping above treeline is always an issue, not that I don't always pack it out but if I didn't, I'd carry a small spade in pack... which I do.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Pooping above treeline is always an issue, not that I don't always pack it out but if I didn't, I'd carry a small spade in pack... which I do.
I have no problem throwing some mud monkeys down anywhere, just not a huge fan of the audience portion of it. I mean, when you gotta go you gotta go, but almost nobody wants to see my bare ass dangling in the wind birthing a fudge dragon.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
That is awesome, 'squeeb.

I am at work. Wife returned from Seattle last night per plan. GoT episode was awesome. Life is ok.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Stockholm has had some excellent weather the last weeks but it was 4degrees this morning...

Cant leave Amsterdam without trying the local cuisine. (Not talking weed)
Go to a FEBO and order some fries with a frikadel, a kroket, or a Mexicano, maybe even all three if youre hungry.
Most Dutch people eat that shit with mayonaise but Im not a fan.

If youre a vegetarian you can totally disregard the last part of this post.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Discount Tire is having their Labor Day sale. With their credit card, Tirerack price match, and a manufacturer's discount I can get $730 tires for the M for $500. I know what I'm doing today after work.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Mellow weekend, was hot as balls yesterday, though. Went down to the river with the pooch and talked her into swimming. She did awesome, she was bouncing all over the place. I had to go out far enough until she couldn't touch, but she was swimming out and back like a champ. New harness shows up today, so we will get a night ride in when I get home.

Should be a quiet week at the office, yay.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave:

No ones getting baked here. :(

Pratt and Whitney are here with the flying test bed. Sure is tiny for a big airplane. Awful funny looking too.
That is a nasty looking growth, should get it checked out.

the SP looks like it simultaneously suffers from dwarfism and gigantism.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
weather here is fall jr. mid 70's daytime, upper 50's nighttime. leaves are starting to appear on the ground.

saw two stream nymphs on yesterday's ride :brows:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just spent 30 minutes deleting all my unread personal e-mail, somewhere north of 10K since 2012. I should activate the spam filter. I have no plans for the rest of the day, going to wing it. :)

Here. FTS started high this morning and I doubt it will get better at any point.
Not to worry my man, your lucky number today is 10.4 - give or take a percent or two.

Edit: See? The Magic 8 Ball don 't lie.

Last edited:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
also, my DHR2 seems to be in the early stages of leaking stans through the sidewall, any suggestions on what to put on there next?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Discount Tire is having their Labor Day sale. With their credit card, Tirerack price match, and a manufacturer's discount I can get $730 tires for the M for $500. I know what I'm doing today after work.
Thanks for the heads up. My ordinarily $1000 worth of tires are on sale for $865. Perhaps now is the time to pull the trigger.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
also, my DHR2 seems to be in the early stages of leaking stans through the sidewall, any suggestions on what to put on there next?
front or rear? what kind of terrain? do you "do" season-specific tires? I'm asking because I think the Aggressor is a great rear tire. It's even ok in the wet, but I find it get clogged up with mud. I've been lead to understand there can be mud in NC. My preferred wet-season tire is the DHR2. Though the Magic Mary I have on the front of my bike looks like it would do a good job as a rear wet-season tire too. It just rolls slow as snot. And I haven't had good luck with Schwalbe sidewalls in the past. So scratch that. I say stick with DHR2. Maybe the Aquila would be a good tire?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
front or rear? what kind of terrain? do you "do" season-specific tires? I'm asking because I think the Aggressor is a great rear tire. It's even ok in the wet, but I find it get clogged up with mud. I've been lead to understand there can be mud in NC. My preferred wet-season tire is the DHR2. Though the Magic Mary I have on the front of my bike looks like it would do a good job as a rear wet-season tire too. It just rolls slow as snot. And I haven't had good luck with Schwalbe sidewalls in the past. So scratch that. I say stick with DHR2. Maybe the Aquila would be a good tire?
are you willing to get herp-derpy and run a minion SS?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I just spent 30 minutes deleting all my unread personal e-mail, somewhere north of 10K since 2012. I should activate the spam filter. I have no plans for the rest of the day, going to wing it. :)
you are retired....delete email account.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
are you willing to get herp-derpy and run a minion SS?
I ran a GRID Slaughter SS last summer. It was good for the dry season we had last year. It was even decent in the wet, as long as there wasn't too much mud (so basically while it was actually raining). I bought a Minion SS DD to use this summer, but it's been so wet, I didn't mount it. And now I have a new bike with bigger wheels. The SS is for sale if anyone wants one...

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Burnouts? :D
I just need to find a good parking lot to do them in. Our domesticated community doesn't look highly upon burnouts. I'm thinking there are a few good long, straight on-ramps that have my name written all over them this evening.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tires are a personal thing, There was an aggressor on the back of the demo bike I rode last week. I hated it. Not only was I sliding around more that I am used to I flipping destroyed the thing on a little drop with no rocks or roots to be found. The landing was off camber and two of the side knobs practically ripped off and flatted. Might have been a shitty compound or casing but blech.

I am really liking my EThirteen TRS. Traction for days, durable and has a supple ride.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is that a modded 747? Which of the two engines is the tested one, the one behind the cabin?
747SP is a cut down/shorter 747, so it already looks funny. I think most of them are gone now or got turned into private jets for the .001%, but Pratt has 2 (I think) for testing engines. This one has the growth sticking out from the old First Class cabin area, the other one they just R&R the #2 engine with what ever they are trying out. Somewhere I have a picture of that one too, with a noticeably larger #2.