Quantcast

***MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY!!!! gmt***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I think I had too much coffee: I'm having palpitations and my hands are shaking.... I had two (double) espressos before food, and one before biking in to work.

Oldest is still running a (mild) fever, so we're keeping him home. I'm taking the afternoon shift... I get this sinking feeling that my youngest is on the verge of getting the same thing. If that's the case, I'm on the verge of a second week of hell due to lack of sleep and cranky kids. :sigh:

have a good week everyone....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Spent a lot of the weekend back in my makeshift woodshop creating this guy.

It is replacing the back seat in my truck and will provide a nice platform for the dogs to stand on as well as a way to fasten the cooler down back there.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
ACK. Cold and rainy today any hero will have to happen on the road or rehab or maybe at work... Yesterday I thought I might have wacked out my shoulder from too much knar but this morning it feels fine.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Up all night coughing. Kill me now. At least my throat itself feels pretty good this morning. Day 3/5 on Z-pak.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
No kids here. I sampled some Eugene beers Friday night that Derek brought home. Nutella Stout!! Let's see. I mountain biked Saturday. I CANNOT get the stupid tire seeded on my rim properly, it bulges a bit and makes it bouncy. Booooo. Sunday I rode to the top of Mckenzie Pass. WICKED fast descent. That is all. Happy Monday everyone. I'll be hittin the trails again tonight...gotta get the dirt while it's good.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
You guys wanted kids...

:D
The first year they do bring home a lot of nasty stuff. This winter was much better for the whole family. Imune systems have been re-calibrated.

I hope this one is true :)

"A few months ago some researchers from Denmark published a study demonstrating that childlessness in women is associated with a four-fold increased rate of death and a two-fold increased rate of death in men - See more at: www.sbivf.com/blog/can-a-child-give-you-a-longer-life/#sthash.GVdGjlQP.dpuf "

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Lawn looks like a jungle after recent precipitation and sun. I guess I should attack it with the mower.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just realized I chose memorial day weekend to drive cross country. FML. Looks like I will be taking the South Dakota Montana route. Not much traffic when there is a whole lotta nothing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i wish a new subduction fault would open up and swallow the plains states and the midwest, and make the rocky and appalachian mountains bigger.

that would make america great again.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wouldn't get out of the car anywhere between Gary and Joliet. I've done it before. It's not a good idea.
As a dumb as 19 year old I tried finding a hotel late at night in that area when traversing this great country. Lets just say I saw things that couldn't be un-seen. That is when I started my policy of driving through the night.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
No kids here. I sampled some Eugene beers Friday night that Derek brought home. Nutella Stout!! Let's see. I mountain biked Saturday. I CANNOT get the stupid tire seeded on my rim properly, it bulges a bit and makes it bouncy. Booooo. Sunday I rode to the top of Mckenzie Pass. WICKED fast descent. That is all. Happy Monday everyone. I'll be hittin the trails again tonight...gotta get the dirt while it's good.
Try putting about 25 psi in them and bounce off the ground rotating each time you bounce off ground....obviously while they are off the bike

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Monday!

My legs are still feeling woozy from the weekend. Must remedy! More biking?

Also the offices here are hot. Just sat down in my own office/chair for the first time in over a week. Feels good, except that the dude who was covering me, made a total mess of my office. Ugh.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
As a dumb as 19 year old I tried finding a hotel late at night in that area when traversing this great country. Lets just say I saw things that couldn't be un-seen. That is when I started my policy of driving through the night.
I did this once in Stockton. *shudder*

edit: There was also another time when the girlfrinds car started acting real funny and we wound up spending the night in some super sketch meth-hotel right off the Golden State Highway south of Bakersfield. Wheeler Ridge or Mettler? Still gives me the heebies.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Just realized I chose memorial day weekend to drive cross country. FML. Looks like I will be taking the South Dakota Montana route. Not much traffic when there is a whole lotta nothing.
I have done that ride 90 from Chicago to Seattle amazing ride. I even enjoyed South Dakota. I wish I could join you. Wife and I did it in 3.5 day from Seattle to Chicago but would have loved more time.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I have done that ride 90 from Chicago to Seattle amazing ride. I even enjoyed South Dakota. I wish I could join you. Wife and I did it in 3.5 day from Seattle to Chicago but would have loved more time.
Shit. I've done Charlottesville to Seattle in 3 days. Not sure if my physical conditioning will allow me to do that this time. All this fat tissue requires sleep.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.
That wasn't a judgement issue, just ignorance. Once I saw what was going on in the parking lot of a Holiday Inn at 2:00 AM I decided to keep driving through the night.

It would seem my sense of time is worse than my sense of timing. This weekend is not memorial day. Should make things a little easier.