Quantcast

Monday morning sucks, beware of contractors!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well........here's the dilly.

Parked car at 8:30 last night. Parked next to a tree. Parked behind a van with a trailer. No car could have parked behind me due to Red markings on the curb. I figure I am safe. Hell I've been parking like this for 2 years now.

Wake up after talking to Progressive to send in my shock. Get ready to go to work. While walking to my car I notice it's not stright against the curb rather the front end is cocked out in the street. I said "this isn't right". I look some more and my car is pushed like 6 ft. It dawned on me that either someone tried to park behind me and pushed my car or that it was a hit and run.

So I go to call Geico. I give them all the information the asked for and the whore puts me on hold. She then goes to explain to me since I don't have Collision (which is like full coverage) that hit and run's aren't covered and that I am screwed. I continue to thank her for telling me this and go back out to the car to take pictures etc... of everything.

As I am taking pictures this redneck looking dude walks up to me. He tells me that he hit a tree this morning by backing into it. I told him that he had to back into my car first before hitting the tree because my car was 4ft before the tree. He agrees that it was his fault. He tells me that he thaught he put the car in park but must have had it in reverse, got out of the car, looked at what he needed to look at, and in return when he went back to his car it was hitting the tree. He had no idea that he hit me rather his auto-driving truck hit me. So we exchange information etc... and go from there. I called his comapny and called Geico back to let them know that it wasn't a hit and run. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from his insurance.

In the meantime I am gonna take it to get a estimate of repair. The car is a 1994 chevy camaro. It looks like these are the main things I can figure out.

1. Front bumper cover has paint missing all in the front. My car was pushed into a trailer that was parked infront of me.

2. Rear bumper has a giant scuff/paint cracked with spider cracks all over it, plus the bumper is pushed in and up.

3. Part that says "CAMARO" is pushed in, key hold can't be found so there's no way I can open the hatch.

4. Fiberglass spoiler on the car is cracked and broke in atleast 6 different spots. It's to the point where I almost called for ducttape

5. Passenger side has a good gash in it, plus the bumper no longer sits flush with the body.

6. Hatchback portion may not even shut anymore. I didn't attempt to open it and find this out.

I am not a bodyshop but from the sounds of it this is major damage. Not only do the bumpers have to be repainted and fixed (or replaced) but so does 99% of the rear end and possibly the hatch. Man does it suck.

This is just part of my Monday morning. Atleast the guy who did all this was kind enough to be honest. It's good to know that Honest people do exsist.

bomberz1qr20

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by Spunger

This is just part of my Monday morning.
Ok. What else happened?

:D

Good to hear this guy was honest. Sounds like a couple grand in body work to me. Or declare it a wreck and settle for a check for original blue book?

Good luck!

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Well the car is a 1994 camaro. It's bluebook before it was wrecked like this was around $4200 I believe. I know this because I had the idea of selling it :O

I agree minimum $2,000 for repair, probably gonna be more like $3000 hopefully which I'd take a check for. I need a truck to travel up to Northstar and be able to have a reliable automobile. I hope that the repair comes close to what the car's worth and they write me a check :)

At this point, I am just waiting from a call from his/the companies insurance company. They said it usually takes 24-48hrs to get back. So now I am in the wait.