Quantcast

!!!!!Monday, why am I up so early (not)GMT!!!!!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Poor Manon, she must be hurting right about now, that stack right before the finish must have really rung her bell.... Max respect for her getting straight back on and gunning it to the finishline though!

Had to LMAO at the sticker on Minnar's shirt on the podium, take that UCI lol. :D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Are you operating on your strange Kiwi time zones again? Hmph

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
And I still don't have the La San Marco hooked up (need to run a bigger power cable and put a new socket in the wall to plug it in) so only french press to see me through the day..... the struggle is real man! :panic:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Poor Manon, she must be hurting right about now, that stack right before the finish must have really rung her bell.... Max respect for her getting straight back on and gunning it to the finishline though!

Had to LMAO at the sticker on Minnar's shirt on the podium, take that UCI lol. :D
Did she lose her shoe in the crash? Something got flung into a mighty arc

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Is this now the official GMT thread? I am confused and don't want to talk about my morning poop in the wrong place.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
1:32:50 in my half marathon yesterday. An eight second personal best. I wanted to do better, but I suppose not every race can be your greatest race ever. Finished 56 out of 1029 overall.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
nice work Babs. :clapping: PR is PR and that is basically a top 5%er finish.

One killer ride on Saturday, followed by a beer with teh Jokey. Scored a nice roll away Craftsman toolbox on the cheap for the garage. Otherwise ... meh.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Did she lose her shoe in the crash? Something got flung into a mighty arc
Her visor.

I opted not to ride yesterday caus' I was too tired. Thought I might head out today, but as of now, it looks like I'd be better off in a canoe than on my bike if I want to ride. I might still go out though, I need to stretch my legs.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
i often find other peoples' utter lack of urgency while driving dumbfounding. get a move on, a-holes!

this morning's commute was brought to you by coffee and the bouncing souls.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Last year at work has been pretty terrible. What I though was a perfect job turned out to suck. Due to low sales I haven't been doing what I was hired to do but have spent most of my time pretty much as a sales administrator. Something I neither enjoy or excel at. Past month has been the worst of my professional life by a large margin.

Got a call out of the blue from a guy I worked for back at GE 15 years ago. There would be some corporate hurdles to jump but he pretty much offered me a job back in Seattle. A similar call is how I ended up in the shithole I am in now, but something to consider.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Last year at work has been pretty terrible. What I though was a perfect job turned out to suck. Due to low sales I haven't been doing what I was hired to do but have spent most of my time pretty much as a sales administrator. Something I neither enjoy or excel at. Past month has been the worst of my professional life by a large margin.

Got a call out of the blue from a guy I worked for back at GE 15 years ago. There would be some corporate hurdles to jump but he pretty much offered me a job back in Seattle. A similar call is how I ended up in the shithole I am in now, but something to consider.
Are you itching to pay $400/sq ft for real estate? If so, do it. :D

I rode my bike in today. It rained last night in quite spectacular fashion. Therefore my fenders came into good use when crossing a few low points on my off road trail to work. Within the next year or two this field is going to be converted into a four lane paved road with adjacent bike and horse (! wtf, Denver planners?) trails so I will shed no tears about trail damage, as it were.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Is this now the official GMT thread? I am confused and don't want to talk about my morning poop in the wrong place.
I'm so confused.

:wave:
Woman-child had a friend sleep over, and now the neighbor kid is over as well. The number of kids in this house is too damn high. How do people with multiple kids even find the energy to get out of bed?

Doctor appointment, then dentist appointment to have my wisdom teeth pulled. Going to be like that today I guess. :twitch:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Fucking rain. :mad:
From this source: http://www.9news.com/story/weather/2015/06/07/denver-flooding-stapleton-mlk-boulevard/28664075/

I-70, not particularly near me:

I-70 and I-225, 3 miles NW of me:

Quebec and 29th, 4 miles due west of me:

I'm starting to think that I should get a quote for flood insurance when that new house gets completed. The lot is in an unshaded Zone X area (so less than 0.2% risk per year, the lowest risk category) so it'd be cheap, at least.

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
From this source: http://www.9news.com/story/weather/2015/06/07/denver-flooding-stapleton-mlk-boulevard/28664075/

I-70, not particularly near me:

I-70 and I-225, which is quite close to me:

Quebec and 29th, about 2 miles east of me:

I'm starting to think that I should get a quote for flood insurance when that new house gets completed.
No kidding. We were driving down I25 Saturday when the really heavy stuff was rolling through. I watched a woman in a Ford Fusion ford a puddle that was ~1/2 way up her doors. Luckily for her it was short enough that she floated to the other side and drive away. NBD.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
what is a light rain and dark clouds on the west side / foothills is a deluge and hail on the east side, and tornadoes and destruction by the plains. I can't believe the predictable yet massive difference the elevation makes in the weather here.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Ugh. Back to the grind. A month away from 40. Two months away from 5-year paralysis anniversary. Efforts to cobble a life together thwarted again. I think I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wow. What a day. I hate this week already.

The commute to work this morning took an hour and a half because of the rain.

And as soon as I got there it was immediately time to go balls deep into this audit. 8 hours of questioning today. Still 4 more days scheduled for this, but according to the auditor "we made good headway today :-)".