Quantcast

>>> Mondays Suck GMT<<<

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Cool story. Not really dark in AK at 2am. Might hit 70, but 70 feels like about 85 with how warm everything heated by the sun for 20hrs during the day gets. Couldn't sleep because the apartment was too warm, but no matter, I'm off in a few min for halibut fishing...had a badass nice day DHing on Sat.

Last edited:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Felt good to get out and do some riding yesterday morning since I haven't been on the bike since before my vacation. Supposed to be around 90* for the next few days and very humid thanks to all the rain we got yesterday evening.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mondays are awesome. Gives me a chance to sit on my ass all day without beating the hell out of myself further. Four runs and a bike ride between Friday evening and early this morning. I'm tired.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Expensive weekend for me. Saw a house on Saturday that we loved, made an offer and was under contract that evening. Then we adopted an Aussie/Catahoula leopard dog pup while at a dog fair. Pics to come shortly in the dog thread.

Of course the current owners wanted to stay in the house past closing since they are looking for a house themselves. I was all, yea....no. In no way am I taking ownership of a house that you are still residing in for "3 days" beyond closing.

Sorry for the crappy HDR. I blame the listing agent.

l4e0cc744-m0o.jpg

Last edited:

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Big ol' BMX NY State Champ qualifying races in the Mid-Hudson Valley this past weekend...I am whooped! Kiddo did well in 6 Novice, I at least made it to my mains in oldest dude cruiser both days.

2nd at New Paltz BMX:

...and 1st at Kingston Point BMX!

NP track was tough for me...tough to keep on the ground - big jumps with steep backsides, had to involve all DH racing skillz to push it down and not kill myself! Paved berms on both tracks, too, bloody fast!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Bike fit yesterday. Amongst the many things in discovered, my left leg is slightly shorter than my right. Replaced almost all of the sprinkler heads in the front yard. Massive pain in the ass.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
maybe you should take the hint.

kid's turnin' into a right proper ripper!
Yep, dusting off my circa '06 Rockgardn armor. Kiddo took a huge belly flop in his 2nd moto on the backside of a paved jump, Leatt chest protector FTW! Learned a lesson from his spill, esp. in the advent of paved everything and soil tacked jumps.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
This past weekend:
1) Drank bourbon
2) Brake job on GF's car
3) Mowed lawn
4) Cleaned/balanced pool
5) Graduation party
6) Firepit/old fashioneds/smoked meats
7) Walk around a lake with the girl
8) Bike ride
9) Swim/old fashioneds
10) Grilled meats

Praying this week goes by for my Fri-Tues 5-day weekend. The 5 B's are in store all weekend (bikes, boats, bourbon, beach and boobs). This week better not drag.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Bike fit yesterday. Amongst the many things in discovered, my left leg is slightly shorter than my right. Replaced almost all of the sprinkler heads in the front yard. Massive pain in the ass.
Good for you I did my first bike fit this year. It seemed to have solved the problems I had but for some strange reason gave me problems with my bibs so I'm back riding my $35 Performance bibs. Very strange. So what did you think about the fitting?

rav400

Monkey
Aug 31, 2009
The Right Coast
Morning! Decent ride on Saturday with lots of climbing and some fun descents, but we were to whooped to go up to what is supposedly the best descent in the area we riding. Next time.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Good for you I did my first bike fit this year. It seemed to have solved the problems I had but for some strange reason gave me problems with my bibs so I'm back riding my $35 Performance bibs. Very strange. So what did you think about the fitting?
Like it so far. It was the tri bike, so it's a different fit than a roadie fit. Getting fit in tri shorts was weird, as I'm used to bibs. It was funny that the saddle we found that would work was actually a mtn saddle, and it's the one that I already have.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Light weekend and I needed it. Didn't get the lawn mowed, barely got the last few stones done in the front, but did make it to Costco. I hate that place, but the lady has a few things we just HAVE to get there. I still can't find a decent pair of jeans. My lady bought me 4 pairs of Lucky's that I liked, but in 4 months, all 4 pairs have holes in the pockets from my keys and the knees are blown out on 2 pair.

My Carharts are going on 4 years and the only holes in them I burned with a grinder. :rofl:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Morning Monkeys.

Light weekend and I needed it. Didn't get the lawn mowed, barely got the last few stones done in the front, but did make it to Costco. I hate that place, but the lady has a few things we just HAVE to get there. I still can't find a decent pair of jeans. My lady bought me 4 pairs of Lucky's that I liked, but in 4 months, all 4 pairs have holes in the pockets from my keys and the knees are blown out on 2 pair.

My Carharts are going on 4 years and the only holes in them I burned with a grinder. :rofl:
What do you do to them? I have pairs of Lucky's that are 5+ years old.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

if you're willing to pony up for them, patagonia makes some REALLY nice jeans.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Don't know what the wife got into, but she's sicker than a dog this morning. Guess I'll stay round the house today. Gonna be hotter than the 9th ring of hell anyway, so good a day as any I suppose to stay inside.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And just like that, your parenting life just became a whole lot more difficult. Congrats on the last day though.
The ability to open door and sliding glass doors is the beginning of hell. She's locked us out before, thankfully I had the garage open, else we were screwed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
if you're willing to pony up for them, patagonia makes some REALLY nice jeans.
I'm a cheap f@cker. I was blown away when I saw what those damn Lucky's sell for. She got them at Nordstrom Rack and still paid $60 a pair ($120-$150 MSRP). I really like them, but they are thin and don't hold up well to actually being worn. :rofl:

Also finding anything in a 36/36 seems to be a bitch. If was 5'8" I'd have it made.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'm a cheap f@cker. I was blown away when I saw what those damn Lucky's sell for. She got them at Nordstrom Rack and still paid $60 a pair ($120-$150 MSRP). I really like them, but they are thin and don't hold up well to actually being worn. :rofl:

Also finding anything in a 36/36 seems to be a bitch. If was 5'8" I'd have it made.
Dickies are all I wear for pants. $20, last 3-4 years, throw away, buy new, repeat.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

if you keep your eyes on the website, patagonia runs sales a few times a year, and the jeans can be had for half off.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Mmm no. Being 5'7" I cannot for the life of me, Lucky brand being the exception, find a pair of jeans in 29/30 that can accomodate my ass. It's a tough life I lead.