Quantcast

***Monderp GMT***

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Gonna be a shitty week in the office.

Only Christmas shopping I've done so far is for the kids. Need both time and ideas to get something for the wife and parents.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. My alarm went off at 5:15 and I groaned in sadness, then I rolled out of bed and into the pool for my 2500 yard swim. At work now and need to caffeinate like a mofo.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ugh Monday.

I really hate coming in to work and within 5 minutes of sitting down, people are calling in a panic. CALM DOWN! Every problem has a solution. Well, almost every one...

Looks like rain for most of the day here. Might go riding tonight anyways.

I am STOKED for how warm it will be later this week. Definitely prepping for some good riding, even if it will be a sloppy mess.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Gonna be a shitty week in the office.

Only Christmas shopping I've done so far is for the kids. Need both time and ideas to get something for the wife and parents.
Got everything sent out last week. Wifey and I agreed to do no gifts. Kind of a money waste and we've just had some pretty expensive car and house repairs lately.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I feel like I always report the same things. It snowed so I skied. Two days of super aerobic skate skiing leaves me tired. There is just snow, snow and more snow for the mountains. The base is 96" already and they have received 168.5" since Oct 1. I LOVE THIS!!!!! Planning some back country for this coming weekend. Carry on.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Bought new ski boots yesterday, HFBD/Christmas to me.

Tecnica Cochise Pros. I am le excited.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. Final walk through today—we shall see if the builder fixed things last minute as promised or if I'll have a long post-closing list of promised fixes. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on the bank and title company to give me the actual figure to bring to closing.

House buying is a strange, opaque process. Why must it be this way?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Chris///Mas

The ///M that stole Chrismas?
We generally don't do xmas for each other anyways. However in the last month we had some heating and fridge repairs ($800), Wifey's engagement ring had a prong break ($800), holiday party ($300 - all Wifey) and our general xmas shopping ($500). Also, we need to make sure that we have on hand cash for our 2015 IRA contributions to be done early next year. All of that on top of the car is a lot. I'm totally content not getting a damn thing as is Wifey.

On a side note, Wifey wants me to stop doing tri's because the running is hard on my back. I'll need to find something else to do. Maybe race enduro?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Got everything sent out last week. Wifey and I agreed to do no gifts. Kind of a money waste and we've just had some pretty expensive car and house repairs lately.
we do small gifts for each other and set a modest budget ($50). past years we've gotten ourselves bigger ticket items (one year was a DSLR, last year was a new TV). this year we got a kid.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
we do small gifts for each other and set a modest budget ($50). past years we've gotten ourselves bigger ticket items (one year was a DSLR, last year was a new TV). this year we got a kid.
Say goodbye to those big tickets.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Total side note, I just realized that I will be in Whistler skiing in 3 weeks. Massive stoke right now.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Total side note, I just realized that I will be in Whistler skiing in 3 weeks. Massive stoke right now.
That seems like a nice gift. Everyone coming along? All-day ski lessons for the kid to get her off your hands? :D

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
That seems like a nice gift. Everyone coming along? All-day ski lessons for the kid to get her off your hands? :D
No. Abe (remember him?) is getting married and it's his bachelor party.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Abe was the guy with whom you did high fives mid-jump, right? May that never be forgotten on the internet.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Howdy all. Final walk through today—we shall see if the builder fixed things last minute as promised or if I'll have a long post-closing list of promised fixes. Meanwhile I'm still waiting on the bank and title company to give me the actual figure to bring to closing.

Lawyers with Magnets....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
In a jewlrey store, waiting in line while trophy wife with botox lips chooses a new watch strap for the watch she lost.... I hate the holidays.

On a side note, the bus I jumped on broke her side view mirror. The driver stopped without letting the bus know. She let a couple of other buses go by. So I wound up taking uber for the first time. It's pretty easy/cheap/convenient. I like it. Fvck the bus!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Then it would be difficult for real estate agents to justify their pointless existence.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Abe was the guy with whom you did high fives mid-jump, right? May that never be forgotten on the internet.
Let us not forget the homo-erotic volleyball.

Do you wear aviator shades when you do this? It'd be cool if you did...because then, you could tip them down before you say, "I race," and then push them back up over your eyes and ride away. A leather jacket would be cool, too.

For some reason, I'm picturing you, Abe, and Chomps bumping chests and saying "I feel the need! The need...for SPEED!" and then perhaps playing some homoerotic volleyball with Tom Cruise and Val Kilmer.

MD

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hate the holidays.
This is why I am skipping them and going riding/hiking instead. :cheers:

I am also with you on the bus aspect. Having lived on the bus from my teens up until I was 24ish, I never want to do that hell again. Never mind the people you have to be in close contact with on it, waiting around, missed connections etc etc, they are freaking expensive in Toronto! And to get downtown, you have to pay for one transit service, then transfer to TTC in Toronto and pay all over again. And the closer you get to Toronto, the smellier the people become. /rant