Quantcast

#@$% Monderp %$@#

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
your cube is outside? internesting. what do you do when it rains? how do you keep the squirrels from bothering you?
I'm indoors, but at least I have a window for my 3rd floor park view (partially blocked by tree).

PXL_20230308_172507437~3.jpg

The chain link fence is to discourage unlawful camping. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
officially the second snowiest winter on record in the northern sierra at the measurement location of record, and we're not done yet

I'll quote the giants who came before me upon who's shoulders I stand: FTS
What was the first and when was that?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Work computer and phone took their sweet fucking time getting loaded and pulling things down. Lots of emails and lots of voicemails to deal with. Decided to start my day off with some ADHD restarts by deleting every to-do task more than 3mos old, since at that point they are fuck-it old.

Did have a realization that I came back from vacation more stressed than when I left. Just realized that I'm less stressed than almost the entire time there. No worries anymore about saying something that will offend MIL2 (easily offended about everything) or FIL (R, fence line drifting Trump because of $$). BIL is well, the BIL (see yesterday's thread). And TN is just somewhere that I don't really want to do anything potentially illegal - like speeding. Plus I have to mind my normal talk, since I swear a lot (whatever). TX was the same. CA was definitely not.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Here. Work computer and phone took their sweet fucking time getting loaded and pulling things down. Lots of emails and lots of voicemails to deal with. Decided to start my day off with some ADHD restarts by deleting every to-do task more than 3mos old, since at that point they are fuck-it old.

Did have a realization that I came back from vacation more stressed than when I left. Just realized that I'm less stressed than almost the entire time there. No worries anymore about saying something that will offend MIL2 (easily offended about everything) or FIL (R, fence line drifting Trump because of $$). BIL is well, the BIL (see yesterday's thread). And TN is just somewhere that I don't really want to do anything potentially illegal - like speeding. Plus I have to mind my normal talk, since I swear a lot (whatever). TX was the same. CA was definitely not.
If there is one illegal thing to not worry about in TN it’s speeding. Everyone from there drives like a NASCAR racer on meth. And no one gets a speeding ticket.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
How does one lawfully camp there?
You'd be surprised. There is a funky corner of this property that I think was an OIT campus back in the day that I think attracted folks for the camping. They are building out a new section of the property that might eventually expand into the wasteland area. But for now it's fenced, but there are still a few stragglers.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Getting burned out hiking the same ole trails but then I pause for a second and remember that I could be in a gym doing the same shit over and over indoors amongst sweaty strangers. Off to the hills I go…

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
20 years ago this past weekend....shoveling through 3 feet of snow in castle rock, colorado...

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Heh. I saw the excavator lurking in the background of the first pic and figured it was there for this purpose, but waiting for someone from the insurance company (you?) to give the go ahead.

On a related note - I really need an excavator or maybe skidsteer or maybe both…
Ya. Actually quite happy they used the excavator. Don’t have to worry about the $2,000 bill from a wrecker company. An the damage was done at that point.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Looks like a whole lot of something is going to grow right there too.

In general, I find it better to roll the trailer after emptying it's contents, makes less of a mess.
Was 16 tons of blended AMS and Potash. Got most with a skid loader, but raked the whole area and scoop shovels. At that point it would have been considered a pollutant and nothing would have grown there, it’s thankfully the customers field too.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Ughhhh. Amazon Prime magically subscribed itself on my account AGAIN today. Fuckers. :banghead:
So it wasn't magic.

Someone, somehow, got their number added to the 2 factor authentication list on my account, with no notice or anything.

Removed them, reset password and setup 2fa with an authentication app and my cell phone.

Not even sure how that happens... It's not like my password was a weak one. It was randomized and set by my keepass.

:panic: :twitch::s:disgust: