Quantcast

&&& Monderping &&&

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Decided to take the offer from company 1. Company 2 said they were going to extend an offer, but I don't think that's the right fit for me. Had a momentary heart attack when one of my references backed out, but he was replaced by another supervisor so all is well or even better than before. Decided to wait a few days to put in my notice to make sure the offer is sorted and to shake out the butterflies. My start date will stay the same but I'll lose my week unpaid inbetween. Oh well.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently we are now hanging out at SIL's house all day. Wifey is working, FIL/MIL are keeping girls busy. I should be studying... But my materials are all at the house. Dammit.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Beer makers are being drafted now?? I knew that the employee shortage was real... but sheesh.
There's hope for you to pick up that second career after all!

Having spent the last week in Michigan I've returned home to wildfire smoke ruining any ability to ride outdoors. So much for outdoor rides until October...

I can sense I'm about to have to pedal indoors today if I want to "ride" for the first time in 9 days.

:/

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
There's hope for you to pick up that second career after all!

Having spent the last week in Michigan

I've returned home to wildfire smoke ruining any ability to ride outdoors. So much for outdoor rides until October...
Wifee and I are going to head up to Aspen Park to do a couple laps of Flying J as long as shit doesn't go into the crapper any further this afternoon...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Holy shit, a house down the street from us that is on the same size lot and is 200 sq feet smaller just sold for 1.2 million. We only owe 300K on our place. too bad there is nothing within 100 miles that we could buy and still have any cash left over

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Wifee and I are going to head up to Aspen Park to do a couple laps of Flying J as long as shit doesn't go into the crapper any further this afternoon...
Can't even see Floyd Hill right now from here, 8 miles away.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... My Mom's in the hospital. Not sure what happened. Dad came home from a run and she was spacey, disoriented, unable to complete simple tasks. They can't figure out anything; doesn't seem like a stroke. His description is very similar to how I act post-seizure...
HAPPY MONDAY!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hey @canadmos

Not an issue around my area, but I remember you saying you were buried in caterpillars.

How is it now? Have you traded dead leaves for dead critters?
Nice!

The critters had definitely tapered off recently. A few forests have been defoliated a good bit, but that said, not as bad as in Dufferin last summer. That place looked like the start or end of winter, in July.

And yeah, dead ones everywhere.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Snow tubing was way more fun than anticipated. 8/10 would hit again. Needed a ‘adrenaline junky’ course though, all just a little bit too safe. Anyway stopped for lunch at a place with this Sushi on the kids menu:

262B998B-7178-43EC-99A4-871C801AE4E6.jpeg

Lol.

Anyway, good day, ice skating, moar foods, stargazing, chilled out, etc. etc.

A20B2071-6C89-4FA1-80AF-304E1FEB01EA.jpeg

Famous tourist thing.