Quantcast

Mondraker Summum, Gamut, Slx alignment Issue

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
I am fitting some SLX cranks on a mondraker summum (73mm bb). The cranks are the double bash setup, I am using the 36 tooth ring as the single ring. Frame is iscg 05. The chain tabs for the small ring on the cranks do not clear my chain guide bolts(gamut P30) so I started to file them down. But now realised there is not enough space between the chain ring and the gamut rollers for a chain. I have one 2.5mm spacer drive side. Can anyone see what is wrong?

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Ok thanks, will that leave enough spindle for the non drive side crank, I am not so sure?

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
take a few pics, its a lot easier to guide you through this if we can actually see the issue :)

but my guess is, you have to file the tabs down, and space it out.

i run a saint on my summum, and i had to space it out to get the proper chainline.

Im using a G2 mini though.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Email Cesar and tell him to make the bike with an 83mm shell!

Crappy 73/150 combo.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
The chainring bolts on my 2ring SLX cranks were interfering with chainguide mounting bolts on my Rune (with ISCG05 and 73mm BB). So I put three 0.5mm thick washers on the crank spindle, between right BB cup and crankset, and it's alright now. I yet have to re-set the front derailer because of that 1.5mm offset (damn derailers).