Quantcast

mondraker summum sizing

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
I am 6'3 with an 010 large and it feels great, not as long as the glory I had before. I run a 55 mm stem. I think the 011 is 1 cm longer in the top tube. I would say a large, I sat on a medium and it felt small. You can always stick a shorter stem on there.

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
you are 190 cm tall my friend...i am 183...

if the large is perfect for you, i think it won't be for me...

medium tt length 56.6

large tt length 59.1

i think that a medium might fit better for me.

i am going for the 2010 model (and you are correct about the length of the top tube inthe 11 model)

how does the zero suspension feel? is it that good?

make a comparison with the glory!

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
What I was getting at, was you could run a shorter stem. I think that over 6 foot warrants a large frame in most brands these days. The suspension feels great, I was not expecting it to be feel any better than the glory, but I think it is, I don't know if that is because of less weight or what, but it seems to skip over the rough stuff better, the best DH bike I have ridden up till now. Watch the pivot bolts though, one of mine fell out before I noticed and I now have a crack in my linkage. Make sure there is Loctite on them, wish someone had given me this advice!

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
What I was getting at, was you could run a shorter stem. I think that over 6 foot warrants a large frame in most brands these days. The suspension feels great, I was not expecting it to be feel any better than the glory, but I think it is, I don't know if that is because of less weight or what, but it seems to skip over the rough stuff better, the best DH bike I have ridden up till now. Watch the pivot bolts though, one of mine fell out before I noticed and I now have a crack in my linkage. Make sure there is Loctite on them, wish someone had given me this advice!
I had checked mine for tightness also.

Deano

Monkey
Feb 14, 2011
you want a large..

the summum comes up smallish.

i ride a medium, and im 177 cms.. i would not recommend it for anyone much taller..

i am even considering getting a larger instead.

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
guys i am going for the durham 2010.

the medium has tt length 57.5

the medium summum 2010 has tt length 56.6

so, i guess the medium durham will fit just right.

(now i have a medium commencal meta with tt length 57 and feels perfect)

what ya think?

PS. i asked for the summum to have it just as a base for sizing.

Last edited:

freeriding

Monkey
Jun 5, 2011
now i have a medium commencal meta 5 with tt length 57 and feels perfect

the medium durham has tt length 57.5

so, i guess the medium durham will fit just right.

is this way of thinking correct?