Quantcast

Monkey Meet July 8th or 9th

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
Alright, since we all had so much fun last time, and those who couldn't make it greatly regret it, let's do another one! I'm flexible as to where, but suggest Downieville. What do you guys think? I've never been there, but only hear great things. There's a 15 mile mostly single track shuttle ride out there. And by then, the snow should be gone, leaving a nice, sticky trail for us to assault.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
I am down for D-ville that place is fun. I am trying to do an overnight camp and ride deal but i will just go with the flow if everyone can just ride for the day.

I recomend once we figure out who wants to go we need to book the shuttle.

If it is going to be as many monkeys as last sunday we will want to let YUBA know in advance so we can all be on the same bus.

jeepinfool

Chimp
Jun 11, 2006
Elk Grove, Ca
I am up for Downieville again. Rode it once and it was awesome! I have been out for almost 3 years now rehabbing from knee surgery and ready to let it fly.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I might be in on that isht. I was supposed to be up at D-Ville the week before that but I had to cancel because of my new job.

stinkyrider

Chimp
Feb 12, 2005
count me and my dad in. i think getting one big shuttle bus for all of the monkeys would be a great idea. im so pissed i miss the ride at auburn, sounds like you guys had a siickk ride.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
I am getting a short bus and a trialer, IF i have it by then work will not have started yet on turning it into an RV. It is ganna be the perfect shuttle rig/ camping rig.

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
Sweet, sounds like there's lots of interest. And the camping sounds cool too. What do you guys think about meeting up at that Raley's/Subway parking lot in Auburn at 6 pm on Saturday, July 8th, then consolidating vehicles and driving up to our camping spot. We should get there with just enough time to set up camp before it gets dark and it's time to pop beers open.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Damn, don't think I'll be able to make it but it sounds like a blast. I think I'll just kick around the Auburn jumps that weekend. Need to connect all the middle jumps.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
For camping during the busy season, my advice is to send someone ahead to reserve a spot as early as Friday morning or even Thursday.

My choices in order

Union Flat: nearest to town
Wild Plum: away from it all
Indian Valley: near river

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I won't be able to make it but there are also tons of camping options up closer to Packer Saddle, such as Packer Lake, Diablo, etc. Packer lake is great for swimming in the morning and evening. I prefer camping at the higher elevations but you need to ride up to the saddle in the mornings (or figure out your own shuttles) and make sure you can get back to camp after your last ride. If you have a big group and arrange it in advance (like now) the guys at Yuba will often be able to accomodate you for that kind of thing but it depends on a lot of things.

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
I contacted the guys at Yuba and they said that there is no reserving camp sites but there are tons of them and it is first come first serve

I think for me and the two guys i am taking we will go up friday after work and get a camp spot and just chill for the night.

Then Sat. go hit the trails at least two runs and then we will camp that night. And drive home Sunday morning.

As far as the camp spot i am thinking Union Flat as well it is close to town and we will be taking Yuba's shuttle bus for the riding so when you are all done and hit the bottom of the trail you can do what you want in town and then just head to camp.

Anyone who wants to come up is welcome just bring what you need to camp. As for me i have never camped there but the guys i am rolling with are camping vets.

I dont think we need more then some beer and can's on pork-n-beans. poooooooooooop........

We also need a head count for Saturday on who will be there to catch the first shuttle bus so we can all ride together.

let me know who wants to roll with me up there i am going to cover all of the cost for gas and the camp spot. I already have two guys with me and i can fit two more with bikes and camping gear.

like i said i think that it would be cool if we just had people rolling up all through the night. So we can just have a huge turn out.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
marcm said:
I contacted the guys at Yuba and they said that there is no reserving camp sites but there are tons of them and it is first come first serve

I think for me and the two guys i am taking we will go up friday after work and get a camp spot and just chill for the night.

Then Sat. go hit the trails at least two runs and then we will camp that night. And drive home Sunday morning.

As far as the camp spot i am thinking Union Flat as well it is close to town and we will be taking Yuba's shuttle bus for the riding so when you are all done and hit the bottom of the trail you can do what you want in town and then just head to camp.

Anyone who wants to come up is welcome just bring what you need to camp. As for me i have never camped there but the guys i am rolling with are camping vets.

I dont think we need more then some beer and can's on pork-n-beans. poooooooooooop........

We also need a head count for Saturday on who will be there to catch the first shuttle bus so we can all ride together.

let me know who wants to roll with me up there i am going to cover all of the cost for gas and the camp spot. I already have two guys with me and i can fit two more with bikes and camping gear.

like i said i think that it would be cool if we just had people rolling up all through the night. So we can just have a huge turn out.

Noice.....Mark me down broham

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
marcm said:

I'll let ya know. You think we could get J and Kasey to go?

alentz

Chimp
May 9, 2006
Santa Monica
Hey guys, I can't really do any planning or anything cause I'm in Greece until July 3rd, sorry. But good luck, and I can't wait till Dville!!

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
BALLS! So I just got word that my employer really needs me to work that saturday. Not just needs me to work, but you know, needs me to work. Count me out for now. I'm going to do my best to weasle out of this.

I am so work whipped. ;_;

marcm

Monkey
Jun 15, 2002
Elk Grove (sacramento)
Dont worry bout it Morethanjake.. there will be so many other trips to hit up Dville.

Work is part of life you cant fall short on work unless you want to be broke all the time. Ha Ha

hey i no this a bit premature but i have this plan to hit up Mamoth Mountain sometime soon i mean i have never been there but it is only 295miles thats not bad for a 3 day trip. I no its no North* or Whistler but its True DH with lifts... Again i would drive and would be able to hold about three other guys. We should work on some dates and a crew for this I belive that they are already open and they run a cheap ride and stay package.....

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
marcm said:
Dont worry bout it Morethanjake.. there will be so many other trips to hit up Dville.

Work is part of life you cant fall short on work unless you want to be broke all the time. Ha Ha

hey i no this a bit premature but i have this plan to hit up Mamoth Mountain sometime soon i mean i have never been there but it is only 295miles thats not bad for a 3 day trip. I no its no North* or Whistler but its True DH with lifts... Again i would drive and would be able to hold about three other guys. We should work on some dates and a crew for this I belive that they are already open and they run a cheap ride and stay package.....

Very interesting....I was planning a trip to M* this year as well.....