Quantcast

MONKEYFEST!!!! 2006 ! ( dial, ups it will be a few days! )

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
JRogers said:
Yeah, Monkeyfest was awesome. Riding was great, food was great and the lodge and, of course, the company was excellent. I didn't have time on this borrowed computer to check out all the comments, but I sure will later.

I am in Colorado right now. I got in around 11:30pm local time, which is pretty ridiculous. I left Burke at around 1:45pm Sunday EST and got to Colorado Springs at 11:30 pm MST. So, about 5-6 hours of sleep, almost 2100 miles of driving and a lot of NPR in that time. Sucked, but at least I'm here.
glad you are safe, it was great to meet up with you... have a safe trip!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Post 100! Monkeyfest report.

What can I say that hasn't been said already, TreeSaw, thanks for pulling it all together :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br , Brungeman, thanks for the shirts :trophy_br :trophy_br :trophy_br . The rest of you monkeys, it was great to meet and ride with all of you :monkey: :monkey: :monkey: , I'm already looking forward to next year:devil: :D .

In Heaven there is no beer...

-Eammon (The guy with the video)
I'll have a highlight video of the Saturday ride soon.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Yeah, I'm working on that, I tried to fix it a little late last night but couldn't quite get the hang of it. The video will be right side up when it's done. Of course, if anyone knows Adobe Premiere 6.0 and can tell me how to rotate a clip I'm sure it'd be much faster.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
JRogers said:
Yeah, Monkeyfest was awesome. Riding was great, food was great and the lodge and, of course, the company was excellent. I didn't have time on this borrowed computer to check out all the comments, but I sure will later.

I am in Colorado right now. I got in around 11:30pm local time, which is pretty ridiculous. I left Burke at around 1:45pm Sunday EST and got to Colorado Springs at 11:30 pm MST. So, about 5-6 hours of sleep, almost 2100 miles of driving and a lot of NPR in that time. Sucked, but at least I'm here.
:thumb: Glad you got there safely. Enjoy your vacation!!!

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Here are some photos I took over the weekend.

Monkeys on the porch

They sure do love their softball up there, they even played in the rain Saturday night

Ump couldn't make it to the porta-john on the other end of the field I guess

A house full of Monkeys

TreeSaw and Herb JRA

Sugarhouse

Berkshire_Rider and Herb at Heaven's Bench on Sunday morning

Heaven? Pretty damn close if you ask me

The river sure felt nice after the riding

jollytime

King of the Kingdom
Jul 1, 2003
Vermont
Echo said:
Jozz: approaching JollyTime in Kingdom Trail guide skills

I'm sure there's more... awesome weekend all :thumb:
Hey now!
Boy, it sounds like I missed a heck of a weekend! I am sure Jozz did a fantastic job giving the tour. Well, this past weekend didn't work for me, but if anyone finds their way to the Kingdom, drop me a line and I will gladly take you around! I am already looking forward to next year!

JT

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
BadDNA said:
Here are some photos I took over the weekend.
great pics BadDNA! Keep up the riding you are doing awesome for just gettin back into it! your Tech. skills are great for someone who has only been riding a year +... I know guys that have been riding for years who get scared of some of the "skinnies" and "tech fun stuff"!!!

It was great to meet you, and I cant wait to see some footage... I don't care if it is a little crooked, it is cool that you took a chance and rode with your expensive camera!

Rock on my man! I hope I don't have to wait till next year to ride with you and the other "Nam Vets":D

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Echo said:
johnbryanpeters: brought a cute relative (pigboy is HAWT!), but the JBP clan didn't provide us any broken bone stories this year thankfully.
you just want to put on my cowboy hat. we're on to you and your tricks.

i am so glad i got my act together and showed up for some riding and drinking. big ups to my sister Liz for providing the car and picking me up at the airport. without her it just wouldn't have happened.

at this point i'm not going to figure out the inline image linking on ridemonkey, but intrepid explorers can go here to view plenty of pictures of eating and drinking. http://pew.vatican.com/gallery/monkeyfest2006-ben

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Video will be along shortly, I had to build a new PC last night as none of my current systems was up to the task of digitizing the video at a large enough frame size to make me happy. If anyone objects to my use of their pictures from the weekend in the video let me know, otherwise I'll pick and choose from this thread to fill in some gaps in the video.

Brungeman, got a digital version of the graphics you used on the shirts? I'd like to include that in the video as well.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
For the most part, I forgot I had my camera with me. Of the pictures I did take, 95% of them suck. Most of the ones that didn't suck are very similar to what's already been posted. Except for these 3, enjoy.

Echo:

Earl trying to crush me:

Isa:

So, when are we going back?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
sirknight6 said:
Jeese!!!! Not one hard-tail among you! :p
Oh there most certainly were and all were singlespeeding to boot! Echo on his Kona Explosif SS, Sq-Earl on his Kona Cowan SS, and the most hardcore prize goes to BikeGeek (Fully rigid On One SS 29er)!!!

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
TreeSaw said:
Oh there most certainly were and all were singlespeeding to boot! Echo on his Kona Explosif SS, Sq-Earl on his Kona Cowan SS, and the most hardcore prize goes to BikeGeek (Fully rigid On One SS 29er)!!!
Sweet!!!!! I wish I could have made it, but Snowshoe took precedent.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
McGRP01 said:
BRRAAAPPPPPPP!!!!! I'm in! :D
Sweet! We hope to have enough people to get the lodge again! Any weekends particularly good for you? We were tossing around Sept. 1-4 (Labor Day) or Sept. 29- Oct. 3 (I have a long weekend for Yom Kippur) or Oct 6-9th. (Columbus Day). I will have to check and see if the Lodge is available of course, if not it would be camping.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sweet! We hope to have enough people to get the lodge again! Any weekends particularly good for you? We were tossing around Sept. 1-4 (Labor Day) or Sept. 29- Oct. 3 (I have a long weekend for Yom Kippur) or Oct 6-9th. (Columbus Day). I will have to check and see if the Lodge is available of course, if not it would be camping.
I'll be in Maine Labor Day weekend, so the later in the season the better for me. Columbus Day should work. Lodge or Campground...either way is fine! :)

Post on the Elevate board too (if you want), I know some of those guys were interested in a Fall trip up as well.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Treesaw I am in! That place rocked, as soon as I got home I looked for jobs in vermont. I totally dug the trails and the lack of people in the state...as well as all of the hottie french canadian chicks that ride there;)