Quantcast

Monkeys in North Texas?

Quah

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Denton, TX
Any of you guys in North Texas? I am in Denton (just north of DFW) and I only know of one other RM up here. There's not as many places to ride as the hill country, but we have a few. :D

Quah

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Denton, TX
I still can't believe that there aren't more of us in DFW. :(

I'd like to go for a ride with you sometime, but I am still pretty green. I'd probably slow you down. :) I should be ready for some group rides in a month or so. :D

Do you ride Johnson Branch? It's pretty fun, but I can't touch that rocky single track stuff. :rolleyes: The expert trail there is VERY rough.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
Yeah, I ride JB often. Another good one for you to try to get to is Grapevine (Northshore) or the -H. The best way to get good at riding is to ride often and to ride with better riders. If you want to hook up for a ride I won't leave you.
Tony is right, Dorba is a great place to meet people and go on rides.

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Any of you do any urban? Downtown FW...or TCU...and YES, school is iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnn session!!!
There is SOOO much top-shelf gash there, you'll be amazed at how your skills are improved by an enhanced flow of testosterone. Let's hook it up!!!
Also, Dinosaur Valley, in Glen Rose, is somewhat "big-bike" friendly, with some cool runs.

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
OK...work restraints said, "NO, Mr. Box"...you may not go. Then...they strapped me down to this big operating table...and convinced me I didn't wanna go, by removing parts of my brain.
Then, I started thrashing about violently, so they removed my legs, and arms. I started yelling, and screaming at them...so they cut my head off...with no lungs, I couldn't yell at them, so I made faces at them all day...that irritated them to...

*I am now a pair of eyeballs attached to a partial brain...floating in a jar, so NO...I won't be able to make it this year.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
If you guys around the srea want to hook up for a ride at JB or Nirthshore, or anywhere in the area I'm free Weds-Fri and everyother Sat. Lets get a group ride going sometime.

Ton, No disrespect, sorry about the typo on your name. I spelled it with an i instead of y.

Jun 30, 2002
Denton, TX
hey guys, I'm also up here in Denton.... nursing a sprained wrist from my first endo. I'll be down with some JB action or Knob Hill!

I'm ready to be schooled by some experienced riders, since I suck so bad. :-)

Quah

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Denton, TX
Yeah I guess I'm up for a group ride too. I'll probably kill myself trying to keep up. :rolleyes:
Now that my bike actually shifts properly, I might stand a chance. :monkey:

I want to do urban, but Dention isn't exactly the Urban mecca. :) I'd like to go see how some better riders do it as well.

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
NORTH TEXAS MONKEYS:

Let's get off our arses, and hit TCU, in Fort Worth. Email me for directions. Let's meet up at 5ish, Sept 5th (thursday)...and for those of you who are working that day...Email me, and we'll set something up.
LET'S DO THIS!!! There are many benefits of riding there...the riding is pretty good...but the scenery...oh man...
SCHOOL IS IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN SESSION!!!

lunchboxmtbr@netscape.net

Quah

Chimp
Aug 14, 2002
Denton, TX
I ahve to go to Houston for work this week. i won't be back until Thursday night or Friday morning and I have a wedding on Saturday. I should be free the following week though.

I don't think my bike could be ready that fast anyway. I have to have RMB send me a new fork since the disc brake mount broke off of mine. :angry: I should have my new bike by Saturday :devil: or so and my flow should be done mid next week.

flbikerman

Chimp
Oct 2, 2001
Sherman, TX
LunchBox

I see you got on the Dorba page. From what I understand those are the guys to ride urban with.

I'm a chicken, I don't have the balls to do that stuff. I'll stick with the xc stuff.

If anyone wants to meet at -H on Weds morning for some backbone I'll get there about 9:30 - 10:00.

LunchBox

Chimp
Feb 14, 2002
Texas
Hey man...Hell...I'll go with ya! I have Wed. Thurs. off this week.
Email me, don't PM me...I never get those right...
I'll ride out there with ya...or we can take the Blazer out there...I have music...I make it loud...
I have a rare bike disorder, known as "toolazytoclimb****" and it convinses me to hike up alot. But, it doesn't seem to be present when I descend. Let me know...we can hit -H, and have a little fun. As for the urban thing...hell, man, just show up...everyone is welcome. Holla at me, we'll hit the H on Wed.