Quantcast

Mont Ste Anne WC Course

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So Weltcupmeister and I just did a few practice runs on the WC course here at ste anne. It is pretty out of control. The old high speed off camber fireroad stuff has had immense berms added to it and a few massive stepdowns (should you choose to turn them into a step down).

It is pretty muddy today, but the course is holding up really realy well at the top, with the slalom area at the bottom getting a bit blown up already. Pics tomorrow.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Sounds good - I am still thinking about going to check what a WC is all about but my knee is not too happy at the moment.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Transcend said:
So Weltcupmeister and I just did a few practice runs on the WC course here at ste anne. It is pretty out of control. The old high speed off camber fireroad stuff has had immense berms added to it and a few massive stepdowns (should you choose to turn them into a step down).

It is pretty muddy today, but the course is holding up really realy well at the top, with the slalom area at the bottom getting a bit blown up already. Pics tomorrow.
I can't wait to get there and watch you pro psychos ride that stuff fast. Last years course was crazy fun to ride but I can't fathom riding at pro speed. See you there.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Pip3r said:
holy balls, cant wait. thanks for the update, good luck to ya guys.
Did you get all regged? I hear the chick who takes care of it is out ofc the office...on the deadline date. Sweet, good planning.

You will LOVE the course, so much fun. The canada cup version is just plain fun, but it starts halfway down. The world cup version of this course is punishing with high speed with huge braking bumps, insane technical bits, then high speed all the way down after that.

If it dries out it will be absolutely insane.

seth505

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
CA
siiiick I can't wait to ride this. I faxed in my thing today, that definitely sucked the lady was out, I talked to some irene instead and she said it should be ok.

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
you guys need to take some pictures and post them up Fraser

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
dw said:
you guys need to take some pictures and post them up Fraser
Oh, I will. I have all of my gear with me and free in room wifi. We got here late and only had time for 2 runs in the fog. It is so thick you cannot see the top of the mountain. The beer is cheap though, and the hottub is uh..hot, so life is good.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
So are WC courses as fast and big as they look in movies? Sorry for the retarded question, but I'm just wondering if the pros make it look that way of if they're really gnarly.

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
The top guys make everything look smooth. Ever ridden a tough steep rock garden and later seen it on video and thought it looked almost flat? Something to do with video not showing angles correctly...

Bicyclist said:
So are WC courses as fast and big as they look in movies? Sorry for the retarded question, but I'm just wondering if the pros make it look that way of if they're really gnarly.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
They are usually pretty out of control, Ste Anne is legendary for making making people hurt. It has made more than one finisher cry (in pain and joy) after crossing the line. It is absolutely brutal.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Nope, they took that out after waddell got hurt. There is a few road gaps you have to hit at mach 10 and a smallish table with 2 entry booters that you actually need to brake check for.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
Well Nathan Rennie with the win in Senior Elite with a time 2:56 , that was about 8 seconds ahead of the second place finisher Charles Alexandre Dube from Quebec Canada . I guess Rennie is trying to get the upper hand on his competitors by showing up af few weeks early and getting himself familar with the course. It rained for three days in a row here and the course was pretty muddy but that did not slow
down some of the top riders like Rennie.