Quantcast

Montgomery County MD, Places for Bikes?

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
As the saga of places to ride bikes in Montogmery County continues the County is now claiming "we don't know how many people want some where to ride bikes".

There are new skate parks planned but they have not answered if bikes will be allowed. Possible locations for the skate parks are, Germantown, Silver Spring, Poolsville and Damascus. They still plan not to let bikes in the Olney Skate Park. There is also a couple of jump/freeride parks in the works but at this point they are just talking.

So it is time to flood them with emails

Sent an email to Park and Planning and the Department of Recreation. The email addresses are below. Include your name and address. They do make check that they are receiving emails from real people.

mcp-chairman@mncppc-mc.org
Gabriel.Albornoz@montgomerycountymd.gov

We need everyone who wants to ride the skate parks or get freeride and dirt jump areas in the County to email. If you live with your parents and they want some where for you to ride, have them email as well!

I want to hear the County complain that they have been flooded with emails asking for places to ride bikes!

Following is a example for an email. Feel free to use this, add things such as elements you want etc or write your own.

Hello,

I live in Montgomery County and enjoy riding and jumping bikes. Currently there is no where in the County for this activity. I would like to see some jump/freeride areas built and bikes allowed in the County skate parks.

Sincerely,
(Your Name)
(Your Address)

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
Thanks to everyone who has email in so far. Persistence is the only way we can get Montgomery County to wakeup and see that they need to provide places for bikes to ride and jump and not just soccer and baseball fields.

I am proposing to the County that they start planning for progress and evolving sports/extreme sports, something they have never done before.

If you have not emailed in yet nows the time! The more people who ask for places to ride the faster we will get places to ride without having to look over our shoulders for "the man".

Ride on!

TDN

Chimp
Aug 25, 2006
I sent an email and got replies from both the MC Dept of Rec director and the MCNCPPC chairman's office. I would love to have a freeride park in MoCo -- paid for by our property and income taxes of course.

Thanks for the tip.

HiHoEskimo

Chimp
Nov 13, 2006
Olney, MD
Good to see emails still going!

If you live out side of Montgomery County and do any trail maintenance in the County then email them, tell them you help build trails in the County and you want a jump park and/or access to the skate parks.

If you don't do trail work and still want to support places to ride, feel free to email as well, hey it can't hurt!

crashdwn22

Chimp
Jan 3, 2007
ugh, if only Potomac and Bethesda weren't so damn overdeveloped I wouldn't have to drag my a$$ out to Germantown, Silver Spring, Poolsville or Damascus...but Pville would be a damn good place to lay out some dirt jumps...