Quantcast

More bad news for Phonak

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
punkassean said:
whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Poor Tyler.
What do you think the drug test was? To paraphrase Bobby Julich, everyone else at the Olympics passed. Having a teammate fail the same test doesn't look good either.

If I had a dollar for every time an athlete got nailed and then said, "I didn't do it!" I'd be a rich, rich man.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
GizmoInc said:
There is probably a statement in his contract that states he can get fired if he is suspected of drug use.
Obviously they "can" fire him for it, they did. My question was more insinuating that if the law thinks it appropriate to give due course then why don't these teams take the high road and wait until it's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt? Look at Cofidis and Lance, they were so eager to cut free of him and look at what a mistake that was. Granted only 1 in a million times that would have played out that way, but still.

I guess we'll have to wait and see how it plays out to know...

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Silver said:
What do you think the drug test was? To paraphrase Bobby Julich, everyone else at the Olympics passed. Having a teammate fail the same test doesn't look good either.

If I had a dollar for every time an athlete got nailed and then said, "I didn't do it!" I'd be a rich, rich man.
I highlighted PROVEn because there is a lot of doubt as to the true accuracy of the test. They won't even let him verify that it is actually his blood that tested positive. At this point it is a strong accusation, not a fact.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Well, it's not a criminal matter, so it's covered by contract law. There is no "innocent until proven guilty."

Like I said, he failed and his teammate failed. Everyone else passed? Why?

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Tyler says he approached the Phonak management and suggested that they "fire" him, so they would have a chance to get into the Pro Tour. But the blockheads in UCI have decided that they were insulted when Phonak questioned the reliability of testing methods used on Tyler and refuse so far to reinstate Phonak. I don't know why the top positions in the UCI and Olympic Committees and all amateur sports bodies are inhabited by shortsighted petty bureacrats. Maybe nobody else wants the jobs.