Quantcast

More giant robot movies please!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
On September 7th, 2007, the Hollywood Reporter stated that Warner Brothers had acquired the film rights to Robotech, and would be producing a live-action film through Maguire Entertainment with an as-yet-unknown release date. Tobey Maguire "is eyeing the lead role."

In an interview,Harmony Gold representative Kevin McKeever said that Warner Brothers had approached Harmony Gold about the project, that Harmony Gold would have "a say" in its creative direction, and that it was not expected to affect the production schedule for Shadow Rising. He was unable to confirm any details of budget, casting, expected release date, or storyline, explaining that it was too early in the life of the project for these things to have been decided.

Meanwhile on the distant planet Iscandar Queen Starsha patiently waits with her Cosmo DNA. Disney (who owns the movie rights) to get off their asses and make a live action version of Starblazers.

148,000 light years in ONE earth year!​

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Robotech was an awesome cartoon. Watched it religiously.....DAMN THE INVID!!! DAMN THEM TO HELLL!!!!!!

Can't wait for Transformers vs. Gobots....Transformers would kick their imitation asses........

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If it had a decent budget, yeah, that would get my vote.
Stories a plenty all ready to go, they've got something like 30 books in the Mechwarrior universe.

But, yeah it'll take a solid budget to do 100's of these badboys going to town on each other.

Attachments

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
Stories a plenty all ready to go, they've got something like 30 books in the Mechwarrior universe.

But, yeah it'll take a solid budget to do 100's of these badboys going to town on each other.
I've never quite been into it enough to read much of the storyline, but the games certainly do kick ass. The first one I played was for Sega Genesis and I forget the name of it but now that you reminded me, I think I'll dig that little s.o.b. out and play some tonight.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Blue Thunder movie.
Umm, dude...the TV show WAS a spin-off of a movie... Perhaps an Airwolf movie, though?

The thing I don't like about these new manga movies is that they're gonna force me to face my inner geek as I shell out the cash for the tix...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
AHAAAHAHAAHAAAA! That'd be a hell of a movie poster. Photochop anyone?

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
What about a Battle of the Planets movie??!

The guy from Heroes (plays Peter Petrelli) or Jake Gylenhall might work for that lead...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm calling out SkaredShtles for a ninja-deleted post. Fess up.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
What about a Battle of the Planets movie??!

The guy from Heroes (plays Peter Petrelli) or Jake Gylenhall might work for that lead...
wow, totally forgot about the G-force.

7 Zark 7 , what was the robot dogs name?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The Macross series will make great movies. The cartoon (Robotech) rocked. Only series I can remember as a kid where key characters actually got killed in battle.

Transformers, Gobots and all the rest of that crap all came after Macross. OG vehicle-to-giant-robot entertainment right there.