Quantcast

More NW racing! The Eastside All Gravity Series!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
the website is up and running with more information to be following shortly. Note the dates! We are only 2 months from the first race of the year!

www.AllGravitySeries.com

(word on the street is that the Beacon race is going to have some "BIG" new features in the race course...)

-KT

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
Really stoked that there's a whole series planned this year vs. just the Hoe Down. It's cool too that there's stuff for October which is usually a much quieter time of year for racing in the PNW.

One thought for the organizers to consider is in regard to your series naming. Calling it Eastside All Gravity is probably going to confuse it with the Gravity East series being run on the East Coast. East is kind of a relative term too... Sure you're east of the Cascades, but if someone lives in Idaho, then you're west. Riders coming from Oregon, for them it's north, do you see what I mean? What if you want to ever have in Western WA? Anyway, just something to think about. Maybe just AllGravity Series or something will make more sense down the road...

just my 2c. Thanks for organizing this and count on me and the team being there come March-21!

Cheers!

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I was just in Spokane last weekend riding and building new stuff for the Beacon race. I can just say, expect "BIG" things and a lot of new sections in the course!

Beacon is money right now BTW. it was the best 2 days of riding I've had in a long time!

-KT

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
Really stoked that there's a whole series planned this year vs. just the Hoe Down. It's cool too that there's stuff for October which is usually a much quieter time of year for racing in the PNW.

One thought for the organizers to consider is in regard to your series naming. Calling it Eastside All Gravity is probably going to confuse it with the Gravity East series being run on the East Coast. East is kind of a relative term too... Sure you're east of the Cascades, but if someone lives in Idaho, then you're west. Riders coming from Oregon, for them it's north, do you see what I mean? What if you want to ever have in Western WA? Anyway, just something to think about. Maybe just AllGravity Series or something will make more sense down the road...

just my 2c. Thanks for organizing this and count on me and the team being there come March-21!

Cheers!
Fair point Matt!

Thanks,
WSE

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
I was just in Spokane last weekend riding and building new stuff for the Beacon race. I can just say, expect "BIG" things and a lot of new sections in the course!

Beacon is money right now BTW. it was the best 2 days of riding I've had in a long time!
Glad to hear that Kyle, I take it the wrist is doing better. How much longer until it's back to normal?

I'm excited to hear that about Beacon and with it being rideable now, that's good news for getting things all prepped and ready for late March.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
can you elaborate on these " big" new things? :brows: like 100 ft huck big or what?
I would just say prepare to log some air miles :thumb:

Yeah matt, the wrist is feeling better. I hit a bunch of big things with it and even did a mini race. It is still a little sore and I am favoring it when I ride, but I suspect it will be full strength by the first race.

-KT

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane

-KT
None of the building that has been going on in the past month is legal or has been approved. Some people may not be aware of what's been happening at Beacon the last few years. The FTTRC and people from the Beacon Hill Project have worked hard on getting permission from all the different property owners. Some of the things we're working on include: trailheads, maps and trail signs, blocking access from illegal motorized vehicles, and building new trails. For this year we have some cool new DH and jump lines in the works.

For those who do know what's been going on at Beacon.... it's not that hard to ask for permission and get something built legally without the risk of getting shut down.

If you want to build trails then contact me : mtb at fttrc.org
or Mike Aho at Spokane City Parks - maho at spokanecity.org

ftlrider

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Spokane
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. The newest section of trail that someone has been building is near the bottom of the DH course and winds through the trees with berms. So if anyone knows who is responsible please let me know.

We encourage people to talk to us if they want to build new trail at Beacon. We just want to make sure that the trail is built legally, is sustainable and in a good location with consideration to the overall trail system. Trail maintenance and improvements are fine and any new lines or changes to existing trail are ok with approval.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. The newest section of trail that someone has been building is near the bottom of the DH course and winds through the trees with berms. So if anyone knows who is responsible please let me know.

We encourage people to talk to us if they want to build new trail at Beacon. We just want to make sure that the trail is built legally, is sustainable and in a good location with consideration to the overall trail system. Trail maintenance and improvements are fine and any new lines or changes to existing trail are ok with approval.
I actually kicked out the jump that was put there. You couldn't ride the old line with it in the way.

-KT

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
Anyone have pics or care to elaborate on what the course at Caribou Ridge is like? I wouldn't mind doing that one and making it a mini 4 or 5 day road trip if the course is fun.

Feb 23, 2005
Spokanada
Anyone have pics or care to elaborate on what the course at Caribou Ridge is like? I wouldn't mind doing that one and making it a mini 4 or 5 day road trip if the course is fun.
Super sweet high speed single track. Old moto trail so there are mini berms and loose corners. Some crazy steep hillsides so stay on the trail. :)

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I would just say prepare to log some air miles :thumb:

Yeah matt, the wrist is feeling better. I hit a bunch of big things with it and even did a mini race. It is still a little sore and I am favoring it when I ride, but I suspect it will be full strength by the first race.

-KT
sweet. thats why i love beacon. like racing down a FR course.

so is beacon still a hike a bike? what happened to the days of the WIM series when we had shuttles? haha. just kidding of course, i realize all the inherent problems with shuttles.

Last edited:

cdub162

Chimp
Feb 14, 2009
Just registered and provided my info for the Beacon races. I wasn't comfortable putting my credit card number into unsecured page, so I wanted to check that a) my registration is still valid and ii) what my alternatives are for providing payment?

Thanks!
We are working on making it secured. Should be back online and secured by monday. Other wise you can select the (Cash at Race) and deal with payment come race time.

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
Online reg now has a secure connection, thanks!

Anyone that submitted an online registration please redo except MattPatt, all others were lost in the transition, thanks!

Josh

Last edited:

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
I have been up at beacon this last weekend and I herd that girthmore was going to be run for the pro race.. and that everyone else will run down the "sport" course.. but I have also herd like 4 other plans for race courses too.. and I know that the course probably wont be set 100% till the weekend of the race, but I just wanted to say that I would like it if the jr. expert ran down girthmore or down a ride around..

I feel that If you are racing jr expert at a competitive level, then you should be able to deal with a drop such as girthmore. It is not a difficult or even that big of a drop, and it is actually smooth if you are a skilled rider.. Which if you are racing Jr. expert you should be a skilled rider, or give them a ride around.. but I definatly you should allow us Juniors that can adapt to courses, hit the features that the pros hit. We cant really go race the pro class..

Last edited:

theloose

Chimp
Feb 11, 2010
I have been up at beacon this last weekend and I herd that girthmore was going to be run for the pro race.. and that everyone else will run down the "sport" course.. but I have also herd like 4 other plans for race courses too.. and I know that the course probably wont be set 100% till the weekend of the race, but I just wanted to say that I would like it if the jr. expert ran down girthmore or down a ride around..

I feel that If you are racing jr expert at a competitive level, then you should be able to deal with a drop such as girthmore. It is not a difficult or even that big of a drop, and it is actually smooth if you are a skilled rider.. Which if you are racing Jr. expert you should be a skilled rider, or give them a ride around.. but I definatly you should allow us Juniors that can adapt to courses, hit the features that the pros hit. We cant really go race the pro class..
Swan3609,
There are plenty of non-pro riders that can hit this line, but because we operate this race on city land in a controlled bike park we have to comply with their rules. They allowed us to run Girthmore and the double after it as part of the pro course, but wanted to limit it to that class.

Maybe next year we'll be able to run it for all of cat 1, word!

Josh

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I hate to say it, but it really does look bigger in person than in the pictures. That being said, it is super easy to hit and I've seen numerous sport riders send it without problem and even some beginners it it.

I'll probally be out there this weekend. I want to fix up the jump after it and log some airmiles.

EDIT*** here is a video I found of it. It's nothing insane, but it is cool to have it on a DH course.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/105501/

-KT

Last edited:

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
gah thats a bummer that the city is limiting it like that.. But yea it isnt small.. but if you hit it right, Its smooth.. I am 165 with out gear and I run a soft sping in my boxxer and I can hit girthmore with only using 2/3 of my travel in my fork and shock.. and thats with much suspension wet up wide open.. no compression or anything.. point is that its smooth..

Kyle you know what the course is going to be for cat 1? I will be there this weekend and maybe I will run a lap or two with you.. I am on a mongoose bootr team..
but that booter after girthmore needs some serious packing done.. and the run out needs some work too.. I am down to dig a bit this weekend..

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Kyle you know what the course is going to be for cat 1? I will be there this weekend and maybe I will run a lap or two with you.. I am on a mongoose bootr team..
but that booter after girthmore needs some serious packing done.. and the run out needs some work too.. I am down to dig a bit this weekend..
Yeah, We are going to fix the jump after girthmore. We are going to use (As far as I know anyways) the jump to the riders left (the longer one). We will fix it up and send it tommorrow. I plan and being there around noon.

-KT

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
Yeah, We are going to fix the jump after girthmore. We are going to use (As far as I know anyways) the jump to the riders left (the longer one). We will fix it up and send it tommorrow. I plan and being there around noon.

-KT
Yea I was riding with brian crum and a few other guys and we each hit it a time or two and it was a bit scarry landing on that soft of a landing..

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
gah thats a bummer that the city is limiting it like that.. But yea it isnt small.. but if you hit it right, Its smooth.. I am 165 with out gear and I run a soft sping in my boxxer and I can hit girthmore with only using 2/3 of my travel in my fork and shock.. and thats with much suspension wet up wide open.. no compression or anything.. point is that its smooth..

KT you didn't answer his question about the drop. Is the drop going to be in the CAT 1 coarse?