Quantcast

Morewood Geo Questions

MX489

Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
I race an 06 Izimu, I run the shock in the second most slack position and feel like its so choppered out it handles funny. I tried the next steepest and felt like it was too steep for most of the courses I ran. I'm running a boxxer team up front. Any suggestions? I was thinking of switching to an 888w/ flat crowns as I miss the marz feel anyway. I ike the morewood over my old sunday except for this struggle im having with geo, I just feel like I cant get dialed on the bike.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You have more things you could play with too, like crown height, bar setup, etc. to dial in the feel of the bike. Have you tried the steeper hole with the fork slid down (slacker) or the slacker hole with the fork slid up (steeper) to find a middle zone?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Like siad above, unless you have some suuuuuuuuuuuuuppper tall headset, (especially with the stock tall top crown) you should have lots of adjustment in fork length.

There is also preload as well as LSC to on both ends to adjust to dictate dynamic ride height (rather than static sag).

MX489

Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
I've only raced it 3 times and had a few serious freeride days on it so I'm deff still getting used to it however there are just a few things I feel like i wont like about it. I feel like its too long for me too. I liked the supershort chainstays of my sunday. Any reccomendations of bikes with short stays worth test riding.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What's your stem length? Bar height/width? Again, there are more things you can adjust in hopes of reaching a more comfortable setup; what worked on one bike won't necessarily translate to another.

If your serious about getting rid of it, PM me. I have an idea you may be interested in.

Loozinskin

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham,WA
hmmm.. good to know I was considering a izumi from my current Sunday but the long stays were a turn off to me too.

you should check out a demo 7... sub 17 stays on a 7" bike with adjustable DH geo.

MX489

Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
I'd love to look into a demo 7 (or even an sx trail), I just think its a little out of my price range. I race on the east coast and a lot of the courses have really technical sections with quick drops and some pedaling etc. I'm thinking I would like a 7" ish bike with shorter stays etc almost geared more towards freeriding but with a heavy emphasis on DH because racing is still my focus