Quantcast

morewood izumi

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Hi

I discovered a crack in my morewood prime 8 today so i'm looking at getting an izumu as soon as i can get the cash together. I know theres a good few of the monkeys have just got izumus so if you could help me out it would be great.
Im gonna have to get a 150mm rear hub for the new frame but will i have to get new cranks as i not to long ago got some saints for my prime 8 which has a 73mm bb. What i really want to know does the izumu use an 83 or a 73mm bb?

Thanks

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
ahh not all 150mm hub equiped bikes use a 83mm shell.

Some bikes like Orange 223/224 and Cove Peelers use 73mm shells as they have asemetrical rear triangles and as a result don't need the 83mm bb for chainline.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
well was gonna call the uk distributor tomorrow when i get into work to see if theres a crash replacement deal. So can find out then just thought seen as there where so many people on posting pics of there new Izumus that i would find out a bit quicker by asking here.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
ok its izumu but does it really matter that much. They don't say what size bb it takes does anyone know?

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Transcend said:
I can think of a half dozen right off the top of my head where it does not. So no, 150mm hub does not mean 83mm BB.
I changed my statement. On the great majority of frames that is what it means. Do you really need to argue about everything?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bballe336 said:
I changed my statement. On the great majority of frames that is what it means. Do you really need to argue about everything?
Right, so pointing out that you were spreading misinformation is wrong. Sure thing. Tell that to the guy if he had bought an 83mm BB. :rolleyes:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Transcend said:
Right, so pointing out that you were spreading misinformation is wrong. Sure thing. Tell that to the guy if he had bought an 83mm BB. :rolleyes:
He would have figured it out. Sorry I was wrong sir. It is not like I am the only person who posted in his thread.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bballe336 said:
He would have figured it out. Sorry I was wrong sir. It is not like I am the only person who posted in his thread.
I'm not saying you were the only wrong one (though you may have been). I am saying that stating that every 150mm hub needs an 83mm BB is wrong, that's all.

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
bballe336 said:
But you are the only one who posted incorrect information... :oink:

bballe336

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2005
MA
Radarr said:
But you are the only one who posted incorrect information... :oink:
Right thanks for telling me that I was wrong after I admitted to being wrong. Would you like a pat on the back?

Radarr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
Montana
bballe336 said:
Right thanks for telling me that I was wrong after I admitted to being wrong. Would you like a pat on the back?
Yes I would. And a gold medal. It would be great if the gold medal was filled with chocolate, too.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
biker3 said:
Its 73mm. Im running new XTs on it with no problem.
Cheers, at least that lessens the financial pain of an unexpected frame purchase.

The rest of you less of the stupid arguments.