Quantcast

morewood makulu

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
Hey guys,

Got the first few morewood bikes with Mitch delfs dh bike and rennies' trail bike.

SO i built my Makulu up. After running around like a mad man trying to get MItchs bike dialled for this week end.
i finally got to mine. so here it is.
I'm still waiting on the twenty6 products integrated stems etc.. But will hopefully have it all ready for Mt buller nats.

Anyway quick iphone pics. En avant premiere!

Nicho

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
Sex...And not just "we've been dating/married for 14 years maintenance sex"...Oh no, I'm talking "crazy, no off limits prom queen/bob cat sex"...

OK, after that, I need to surf some "other" websites...But fo'real, that bikes is:drool:

ozzemale

Chimp
May 3, 2004
sydney
Hey,

well there's two Bos forks out. The Idylle pro (with piggy back) and the Normal idylle. More approachable price point. Weighs in at 3.2 kg and only has rebound/compression and preload adjustment.

I quite like the red wheels actually.

nicho

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
After you get some time on it let us know how it rides. I think those bikes look bad ass. I'm a little up in the air about the low leverage ratio thing; seems there are some good arguments for it and against it. Enjoy your new bike.

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
After you get some time on it let us know how it rides. I think those bikes look bad ass. I'm a little up in the air about the low leverage ratio thing; seems there are some good arguments for it and against it. Enjoy your new bike.
What are the good pro arguments then?

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
What are the good pro arguments then?
Lower spring rate and more dampening built in to the shock so in theory you should have better quality rear suspension. The counter argument is that there is more stiction to overcome and spring rates might not be available in small enough/accurate enough increments. Also the low leverage ratio thing is pretty new to mountain biking so can the suspension be valved properly is another question.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
So damn hot. If only the crisis and speculation didn't bitch slap me in the face and rise the price of it by 30%. Still would be good to hear some ride reports. Is your's running a crazy 40-50% sag as Morewood sugests?

djamgils

Monkey
Aug 31, 2007
Holland
Think BOS always want you to run the STOY with 40-50% sag (on flat surface), no matter what bike it is on.
Depends on the type of linkage I guess
On my socom they recomend a springrate that would give you about 25~30% sag. And for a supreme dh they recommend a springrate that would give 35% sag.

ilfreerider

Monkey
Oct 3, 2003
israel
40 - 50 % sag is way to much ! imo,considering the makulu's geo (64-65 ha ,14.1 bb) ,the bike will be just unridable to 99% of riders if initial sag will be 40-50%.that will put the ha in the 62 deg area and the bb at 10" .

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
40 - 50 % sag is way to much ! imo,considering the makulu's geo (64-65 ha ,14.1 bb) ,the bike will be just unridable to 99% of riders if initial sag will be 40-50%.that will put the ha in the 62 deg area and the bb at 10" .
The BB is not 14.1. It was 14.4-14.6 depending on the fork. Also at 50% sag the bike has the same amount of sag as v10 with only 1deg slacker HA (65is for boxxer and santa gives it's geo for boxxer) so the differance is not that big. Look at other bikes at sag. Especialy that commencal has the option to run 63deg and nicolai 63.5 (with 13.05bb).