Quantcast

Morewood sizing info??? Anybody??

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
I have tried to get through to Morewood, but have had no luck.

I set up an '06 Shova LT (small), with a DH build for my son last season and he has outgrown it. I want to get him and Izimu this season, in MED, but it appears that the sizing on the Morewood site is showing a MED Izimu has the same seat tube and top tube dimensions as his small Shova?!?! 16" seat tube and 21.5 (ish) top tube?

I'm sure his bike is a small because I ride a med bike and his bike feels tiny to me...could the MED Izimu have the same dims as a small Shova LT???

Thanks in advance!

Oct 29, 2007
also keep in mind that effective top tube length and actual top tube length are two completely different measurements, while "reach" is an other dimension entirely

freshwire

Monkey
May 24, 2007
Roanoke Virginia
Wow...that's a lot of good info. Thanks everyone. The "Reach" measurement is a new one on me. The disadvantage I have is that I can't actually get to the frame in real life...hopefully the Morewood rep can shed some light on this. I emailed him...again...

I now see that it's possible for frames to share the same TT and ST length, but have a different reach length!

Thanks again!

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
I have the old 2011 web catalogue from Morewood, they haven't changed the sizes on the Izimus to my knowledge. I have a Large Izimu myself.Morewood sizing.png

Medium Izimu:
Top tube 595 mm
seat tube 400 mm
Reach 396 mm