Quantcast

Mornings just got a whole lot better at my house.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So you got one of those plug-in doorbell things too, huh?
Oh ya. House is form 1890 something. no real way to run a doorbell without making one hell of a mess, so battery powered wireless doorbell it is.

Also, I used to be crazy about manually taking care of my coffee, but it just grew too rushed in the mornings and now I want 1 button press perfect cappuccinos. This thing makes terrific coffee, so stoked.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
what, you're not growing your own beans? :plthumbsdown:
i was buying green beans & home roasting for a bit. it's really amazing the difference a fresh roast makes -ie, the degradation after a couple weeks is significant, which means pretty much everything that's not locally roasted &/or date stamped is stale. it's a bit of a tedious process though, and i've since reverted to buying from a local roaster.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i was buying green beans & home roasting for a bit. it's really amazing the difference a fresh roast makes -ie, the degradation after a couple weeks is significant, which means pretty much everything that's not locally roasted &/or date stamped is stale. it's a bit of a tedious process though, and i've since reverted to buying from a local roaster.
What kind of roaster? We roasted for a couple of years out of a popcorn machine. It was tedious and messy but we kept the coffee spending low and had fresh roasted coffee.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
What kind of roaster? We roasted for a couple of years out of a popcorn machine. It was tedious and messy but we kept the coffee spending low and had fresh roasted coffee.
popcorn machine also. works surprisingly well, but yeah, batch size is small, so keeping up with consumption was allot of work. i've got a kickass local roaster only a few blocks away, so the laziness won in the end. i imagine things would be different if i actually bucked up for a proper home roasting machine. green beans are surprisingly cheap in comparison.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
popcorn machine also. works surprisingly well, but yeah, batch size is small, so keeping up with consumption was allot of work. i've got a kickass local roaster only a few blocks away, so the laziness won in the end. i imagine things would be different if i actually bucked up for a proper home roasting machine. green beans are surprisingly cheap in comparison.
I've gone through two Zach & Dani's roasters (they do about a quarter to half pound of green beans in a batch...) in the last 3 years...I and my wife drink a lot of coffee...The machine was pretty easy to clean up though...so that was nice.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Funny thing I have found is that the better coffee you drink the less your drink. There is just so much flavor in good coffee that you just can't drink it in buckets.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Funny thing I have found is that the better coffee you drink the less your drink. There is just so much flavor in good coffee that you just can't drink it in buckets.
Yup, here i can drink massive cups of tim hortons / starbucks (yuck) etc. coffee. In Europe I am more than happy with a small cup of cappuccino every morning.