Quantcast

Moscow Arms Race 2.0

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Still have the itch to race and ride after the Fluidride cup finals, come join the second annual Moscow Arms Race October 24th and 25th! This years course will suit all riding abilities with go-arounds for the pro level obstacles.

Facts about the Second Annual Moscow Arms Race

- 3.5 Minute DH course
- two days of downhill and slopestyle riding with SHUTTLES for $30
- only 1.5 hours south of Spokane and 4.5 hours from Seattle
- cash payouts/prizes to the winning riders.
- 2 run format ( seeding run then race run )

Course Video http://www.pinkbike.com/video/99694/#top

Online registration is available through BikeReg.com

http://www.bikereg.com/events/register.asp?eventid=9476

Here is the official race flyer

few shots from the course.

Got Questions? Email - MoscowArmsRace@gmail.com or post up here

Last edited:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Everyone - - this is a MUST-DO event if you can at all make it. Mike and the guys have a great course, they're well-organized and it's a real fun time. You will not be disappointed.

I wish I could go. I've been waiting all year for this one and turns out it's going to be on a weekend I'm not free :(.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Everyone - - this is a MUST-DO event if you can at all make it. Mike and the guys have a great course, they're well-organized and it's a real fun time. You will not be disappointed.

I wish I could go. I've been waiting all year for this one and turns out it's going to be on a weekend I'm not free :(.
anytime you want to come down Doug shoot me a message and I will be happy to get a few laps in with ya.

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
is it possible to huck that one rock to flat? it seams like the way its positioned, Its super slow to slow down and roll it..

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
is it possible to huck that one rock to flat? it seams like the way its positioned, Its super slow to slow down and roll it..
there is a corner about 2 bike lengths after the roll, and as Nick found out hucking it may result in flying off the trail down the hillside. everybody does it different I like to roll it the other way is to lift the front tire right as the rock ends to help with the G out. but the run in to it is tech as well so its a slow speed area.

Last edited:

swan3609

Chimp
Mar 18, 2008
there is a corner about 2 bike lengths after the roll, and as Nick found out hucking it may result in flying of the trail down the hillside. everybody does it different I like to roll it the other way is to lift the front tire right as the rock ends to help with the G out. but the run in to it is tech as well so its a slow speed area.

Ok I see... well I hope that I get a chance to make it down there and race it.. I herd good things about it last year..

MattPatt

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
A, A
Definitely looking forward to this one and will be spreading the word... Gotta figure out some lodging. if you have any ideas let me know.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Definitely looking forward to this one and will be spreading the word... Gotta figure out some lodging. if you have any ideas let me know.
lots of places to stay, off the top of my head if you want to camp check out;

http://www.pullman-wa.gov/DrawOnePage.aspx?PageID=721

$6 a night to camp, 25 for a trailer. its little further from the course but the nicest sites.

others http://www.moscowchamber.com/VisitorInfo/RV_Parks/RV_Parks.htm

green acres and the Latah county fair grounds are good as well. I am also looking into the university's parking situation, its not a game weekend so they don;t do the same system for RV's and overnight parking but I will look into it. I think the Pullman RV park will be the best deal.

Excited to have you guys out.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I think the moscow fairgrounds are free (my parents always parked the motorhome there when they visited) Otherwise, the rosauers lot is free along with walmart and winco!

I wouldn't do the pullman thing, that becomes quite a commute if you are going back and forth.

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Did some trail work on Friday including putting in some Whoops while we had rain. crap pic I know but they are gonna be fun. also finished the go around for the big jump and the beginner trail around the rock roll. so the course has something for everyone.

whoops

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
So I was digging through an old hard drive and I found some interesting things!

I found some old clips of the trail from when it was first cut, so I threw them together into a video.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/103841/#top

I also found a sheet with some of the open mens times from last year

Time Rider

2.27.08 Steve Mccullough
2.32.77 Kyle Thomas
2.39.36 Corey Bellinger
2.48.08 Will Floydd
2.48.96 Skye Schillhammer
2.52.55 Kyle Hueber
2.54.58 Tyler Repp
2.59.49 Tim Gregory
2.59.52 Justin Covey
3.00.27 Matt Minick
3.03.83 Cy Miller
3.04.96 Kyle Muhonen
3.07.02 Kevin Cotes
3.11.76 Ben Schepper
3.13.14 Michael Smith
3.14.02 Bryce Timm
3.16.02 Eric Schneck
3.19.83 Scott N.
3.20.46 Nate Storrs
3.21.58 Adam dahlman
3.35.08 Tyler Martin
3.35.52 Doug Minor
3.44.43 Grant Fujimoto
4.20.77 Alex Eley
4.28.55 Jeff Rees
4.34.61 Ben Aichele

Kyle,

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
RAIN! took advantage of the rain today, alex and I fixed a lot of the blown out corners and buffed most of the course including the whoops. heres some pics I took from the few hours we were up there.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Weather forecast is looking great! light rain this week and partly cloudy this weekend. The dirt was perfect yesterday and should be awesome next weekend!

Wigga

Monkey
Jul 27, 2004
kirkland
you and your rumors kyle

know there are plenty of offers out there, but if anyone needs a ride im leaving seattle friday returning sunday. and i dont drive like a normal downhiller so chances are good you will make it back.

come support if you can people, multiple great tracks with all sorts of skill levels, super chill time, and its the only dh race ive ever been to where you have the opportunity to drink with members the fairer sex afterwards.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
I have room for 1 person if someone wants a ride over. we are leaving tonight at about 7-8 pm from seattle (driving from everett, through the city)

-KT

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Weve had alot of rain. Went and rode the track today. It is greasy!!! Supposed to dry out tomorrow though! Lets hope so.