Quantcast

Most over rated beers

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Damn...I like Guinness. Yeah, it's not pushing a 5% ABV, but I like to drink a beer with some taste to it even when I'm not chasing a buzz. :confused:

If you want over-rated, look to any of the *NEW* *SPECIAL* *LOW-CARB* *RESERVE* beers that mass-production American brewers are pushing now to try and cut into the premium beer market. I would rather drink iced tea made with dishwater.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
speaking of which, what the hell is bud select? i saw an ad the other night, and have no idea what they are trying to do. not that i really give a damn because i'd never buy one, but i thought that it reeked of brand mismanagement.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
SkaredShtles said:
Interesting........ I had A.B. last night and found it to *not* be over the top hoppy. Pretty nice hops, but not overpowering - lots of maltiness, though. A touch of sweet. Reminded me more of an American ESB style, albeit a *strong* ESB. I liked it.

-S.S.-
Not over the top, just over-rated. :) Read the label, take a sip, then tell me it lives up to the hype. It's good, just not as good as I was expecting.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
BikeGeek said:
Not over the top, just over-rated. :) Read the label, take a sip, then tell me it lives up to the hype. It's good, just not as good as I was expecting.
Well, with all the "strong ales" out there now, I'd say they *were* over-stating the "arrogance" of the brew a bit. To their credit, though - about 98.99% of the population would agree with their assessment. ;)

-S.S-

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
narlus said:
speaking of which, what the hell is bud select? i saw an ad the other night, and have no idea what they are trying to do. not that i really give a damn because i'd never buy one, but i thought that it reeked of brand mismanagement.
Bud has recently seen their sales take a huge dive. Agressive marketing by both Miller, and Coors can be to blame for this. Bud has taken an approach similar to snapple (when everyone in the world decided to come out with a juice similar to snapple) and just create tons of different flavors. Bud now has AB Lager (the orginal Bud says Lager on the can so this makes no sense) and Bud Select. Which is............ The exact same thing as Miller Lite.... exact. Bud Light was seeing so much business lost to Miller Lite they went out and copied Miller's beer. Stupid if you ask me.

Bud select has done horrible in its test markets (those of you in the Sacramento area may already know this, and Failure can probably be expected in every other market they hit with this copy cat beer.

The most overated beer in my opinion is Corona