Quantcast

Mount Wilson - Advanced Ride - Los Angeles - This Sat. APRIL 22

RockMTB

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Los Angeles Mountains
Sat. April 22 @ 7AM ADVANCED XC RIDERS

This ride is for ADVANCED All Mountain & DH riders.

Mt. Wilson offers*one of the best*rides in the greater Los Angeles*area, and possibly one of the best rides in Socal.* This is*an all day event for locals and visitors alike.

GET ALL THE COMPLETE INFO

ncg53

Chimp
Oct 31, 2005
Do we need to have a way to shuttle back to our cars? or does the ride end back at the cars..?

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
What in the world part of this ride takes 7am to 6pm?

I'm giong off to to it in a few hours in a bit here, and I'm no good on a bike lol crash.

Ian

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
you ride to the JPL parking lot and then drive to the top for your shuttle vehicle. it is indeed one of the best runs i've ever come across.

just make sure you know what you're getting in to kids. . .

http://www.rockmtb.com/mission.html

"One of our primary missions is to reach our brothers and sisters who may not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ."
not a bad idea i suppose. bombing down a mountain is as good a way as i've ever heard to see god.

fiddy_ryder

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Hollywood
should only take a few hours.. We got to the top after 9 and were back at teh cars around noon.. they must stop to pray every few 15 mins...

Sooo get out there and get Gnarrr on the bikes,, cuz we all know what jesus says..

Micro-Sanjay

I invented Erbon Assolt
Nov 26, 2001
Tustin- not in OC
redding the website it seems obvoius they're coming out of San Diego. That's an all day drive to, ride and drive back. I'm the dumbest here and I figured that out but I'm gnarcore and I can finish any ride 30 mins faster than any you all. I dug the DH/FR crowd, like classy.

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
I'm we're spoiled. We drive 20 min to the top of wilson and ride back to the house in pasadena in three hours, not going fast. Its like our regular routine ride lol. Best route we've found is mid howe (i think) fire road to mid merril, up echo trail, down sunset, up the backside of brown then down prieto. Very sweet ride.

Anyone ever go from the very top down to arcadia?

Ian

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
I think several of us are gonna try to ride sunday.

We'll either do the wilson or go over to santa monica. I'm still baffled by the "meet at the bottom at seven am" **** lol sunday. Not, wake mah ass up at the but ass crack of dawn day.

Ian

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
qksl2 said:
I think several of us are gonna try to ride sunday.

We'll either do the wilson or go over to santa monica. I'm still baffled by the "meet at the bottom at seven am" **** lol sunday. Not, wake mah ass up at the but ass crack of dawn day.

Ian

ya, thats a no go

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
qksl2 said:
I'm we're spoiled. We drive 20 min to the top of wilson and ride back to the house in pasadena in three hours, not going fast. Its like our regular routine ride lol. Best route we've found is mid howe (i think) fire road to mid merril, up echo trail, down sunset, up the backside of brown then down prieto. Very sweet ride.

Anyone ever go from the very top down to arcadia?

Ian
Yeah but you got to go up to the Antenae's and through a fence (not legal I think...didn't know at the time). Plus you got that big ass up hill at the end.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
come back rockmtb, how did the ride go? while not exactly a jesus freak myself, i do dabble in religion and i'm interested to know what got this thing started.

RockMTB

Chimp
Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
skatetokil said:
come back rockmtb, how did the ride go? while not exactly a jesus freak myself, i do dabble in religion and i'm interested to know what got this thing started.
The ride went well, 6 of us total. Luckily most of the trail maintenance was on the climb from the hotel over to Sunset.

qksl2

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
Looks like fun!

So a few of us are doing this exact ride but up brown and down prieto as well tomorrow night if anyone is interested. PM me.

So how long did it take you guys?

Ian