Quantcast

Mountain Bike Tales

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
N8 said:
We need a poll.
I ain't touching that with a ten foot poll. Did you hear what he did to that 5th grader?

(Bluebug: The background image 'faux marble' or what ever it is makes some of the lighter text a little hard to read. You might want a darker font or a different background.)

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jdschall said:
I ain't touching that with a ten foot poll. Did you hear what he did to that 5th grader?

(Bluebug: The background image 'faux marble' or what ever it is makes some of the lighter text a little hard to read. You might want a darker font or a different background.)
That would be my department.

Which colour text? I've been looking for somekind of new background, but haven't found anything that's reasonably nice.

stosh said:
You want some F'ing pics from Stewart or what?
Love some. Got any?

splat said:
Is this going to be Hudson valley thing or larger ? , you know I could supply you some pictures from the NE area.
Pictures, maps, reviews of places to ride....whatever. We could use it I'm sure.

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
I'm not feeling it from an aesthetic/design standpoint.

The current content that I looked at and/or read wouldn't bring me back to the site.

Who is your target audience?

J

JRB

I like this part. I wonder if everyone will comment on unused products to promote others. :think:

Our contributors are all real world riders, who pay for their equipment out of their pockets. Our bike tests are uninfluenced by the advertising dollar, as our next unique trait will further elaborate.

J

JRB

justsomeguy said:
I'm not feeling it from an aesthetic/design standpoint.

The current content that I looked at and/or read wouldn't bring me back to the site.

Who is your target audience?
:stupid: but I may also be biased in that I think Rob is an idiot. :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
robdamanii said:
That would be my department.

Which colour text? I've been looking for somekind of new background, but haven't found anything that's reasonably nice.

Rob, it's plain black text. It's just real thin so it shows up light against the squiggley lines on the marble background. Your html source code says it's Helvitica. I was just thinking that you might use a darker (bolder) font. Maybe try the Arial Black you use in the menu bars?

J

JRB

I like this too.

robdumbass said:
My skills progressing rapidly, I became more and more aggressive on the trails
Dude - Beth out jumps you.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
I really appreciate all the input. It's not actually our website. We're helping someone out (me by submitting articles and Rob with webwork). It's not supposed to be about any one area in particular, that's why we need to incorporate more pics and articles!

J

JRB

robdamanii said:
And you wanted proof why I think you're a jerkoff?

How are your wheels and the Nissan?
Hey Rob - you know what they say about communities, right??? You know the goose and the gander deal too, I assume???

Why is it OK for you to be a prick to a total stranger, but not for me, who has had an oppurtunity to observe you for a while??? Just curious.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Why does clicking on Features, Ride Reports, and Gear on the first page take me to the same place? I click on ride reports take me to the freakin' ride reports.

What's with the forums? You trying to take over ridemonkey?

When I walked into the local bike shop to pick out my first expensive hardtail
a kona cindercone? Lighting fast shifting?

She’s like an ex-girlfriend that you just can’t bear to let go of completely.
Something to be worried about.....

J

JRB

bluebug32 said:
Though I will admit to kicking some off-the-ground ass, I must point out that Rob's bike weighs a good 5-7 pounds more than mine.
You do know what those bikes that T-pirate and curiouscaptain throw around weigh, right??? Suffice to say, they are not XC Konas.

Your writings will be fine. Just don't let Rob write reviews on parts he has never ridden.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
loco said:
Hey Rob - you know what they say about communities, right??? You know the goose and the gander deal too, I assume???

Why is it OK for you to be a prick to a total stranger, but not for me, who has had an oppurtunity to observe you for a while??? Just curious.
I know, I know. Call on me, I know the answer. Over here I know I know.

J

JRB

DRB said:
I know, I know. Call on me, I know the answer. Over here I know I know.
OK - will the dumb ass in the back of the room with the ghey pink bike enlighten us??? :D

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
jdschall said:
Also why does the article on climbing show a person doing a 2' drop of the end of a bridge?
Mainly because I have stock photos to work with. It's either stock photos that may not have relevance or none at all.

Feel free to contribute some photos though.

N8 said:
loco seems to pull every thread down into Sucksville....
He's a suckbot. All he knows how to do is bitch, piss, moan, complain and suck. What did you expect out of him?

J

JRB

stosh said:
Loco, where's your webpage?
I don't have one. The point was to show Rob that his sh*t can be picked apart just as easily as someone else's. If you missed him baggin' patineto, not once but twice, it was nice. :mumble:

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
robdamanii said:
He's a suckbot. All he knows how to do is bitch, piss, moan, complain and suck. What did you expect out of him?

Well, if all wouldn't feel obligate to quote it when it replies then my RM expirence could be locofree....

J

JRB

N8 said:
Well, if all wouldn't feel obligate to quote it when it replies then my RM expirence could be locofree....
I just squared mine away for rob.

Today, 03:17 PM
Remove user from ignore list
robdamanii
This message is hidden because robdamanii is on your ignore list.

Thanks for the tip in the Nissan thread, N8.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
robdamanii said:
Mainly because I have stock photos to work with.

Feel free to contribute some photos though.

I know I'm just teasin' ya. I might just send you all something someday just for the heck of it. Give's me more excuse to get out more take pictures.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco said:
I just squared mine away for rob.

Today, 03:17 PM
Remove user from ignore list
robdamanii
This message is hidden because robdamanii is on your ignore list.

Thanks for the tip in the Nissan thread, N8.
Link?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stosh said:

Ah... no worries. My ex has a Nissian... had to get a Case Number back when it was still under warrenty... The local Nissian repair shop was damn hard to deal with.

Thank god I own Toyotas now.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BTW, not to derail the thread, but I don't care for full width webpages (what is it 1024 pixels?). The NY Times changed their format as well, and I prefer something smaller.