Quantcast

Mountain bike themed wedding??? (Kind of NBR)

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Hi mudhunnies! My fiance and I were engaged last summer at Whistler on "Original Sin" near the picnic tables overlooking the mountains.

We were going to do the wedding at Whistler, but have decided to keep it local for logistical and financial reasons. So, we're thinking of doing a mountain bike/Whistler themed wedding instead. We don't want to go too over the top, but are looking for some fun ideas to incorporate our favorite sport/pasttime since mountain biking (especially DH) is a big part of our relationship. Also, I just think it would be fun to do something unique that people will remember.

Here are my ideas thus far: naming tables after trails at Whistler, having the groom and groomsmen wear nice mt bike jerseys, possibly playing a mountain bike video with the sound off in the background, having a burrito bar since that's the PERFECT mountain bike food, and serving the classic Kokanee beer.

If any of you have any other fun ideas, I'd love to hear them!! Thanks!!:banana:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
There are TONS of things that you could do.

First, you could start off with your invitations. You could have a pic of your and your fiance biking or they even have some with a bike theme to them already I believe.

I like your ideas for having the tables named for trails too! How about table centerpieces that are biking related? Perhaps some cassettes as candleholders on the tables or as favors for your guests, use small chainrings as a picture holder and put a pic of you and your fiance (perhaps riding together or something like that) inside of it with the date of your wedding.

Another obvious choice would be your cake. I have seen quite a few cakes with bikes on it (Instigator's wedding cake, Stosh's cake and there was another that was really awesome that I think Derek Pearson posted--I'll see if I can find it and link it up).

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Those are great ideas!! We have a really cool picture of us going off the drops at Whistler at the same time that would be perfect for invitations! I need to figure out how to post pics here so I can post it.

I like the cassette idea! That would be classic!

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Those are great ideas!! We have a really cool picture of us going off the drops at Whistler at the same time that would be perfect for invitations! I need to figure out how to post pics here so I can post it.

I like the cassette idea! That would be classic!
Some friends got married a couple years ago with bikes being a major theme. They rode them down the aisle, the flower girl and ring bearers were on little kid bikes, the wine charms were made from chain links, etc etc. It was grand. Since you're local you might be interested in knowing that the the bride is a freelance graphic designer in Seattle so she'll be able to help in more ways than one if you need more than just suggestions. www.drrtygrrl.com
There's no "contact" tab that I see but if you click "order" it just brings up an email window. Otherwise, PM me and I'll get you better contact info. Congrats!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
That's really cool. I'll have to do this kind of thing someday.

1.For pics, a simple and organized way is to make an account on photobucket.com. You can make lots of folders and sub folders.

2.Upload the photo(s) there.

3.Then copy the link below with the IMG tags and paste it here.

-If you want to post an image that doesn't have the IMG tags on it, just put the IMG tags around the images link (for example):
----
(the link to the image must have an image extension: .jpg, .gif, etc. to be a link to an image.)

-Also, clicking the image button in the top bar in the reply window and pasting the link in that space, puts it in your post with the tags.

Hope that help.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
The GF and I have joked about this, and a couple of our thoughts are: He wears "The Ritz" jersey from Primal Wear and she wears white spandex. Make everybody ride from the wedding to the reception in the middle of the woods.

GrapeApe79

Monkey
Sep 22, 2005
Issaquah, WA
Some friends got married a couple years ago with bikes being a major theme. They rode them down the aisle, the flower girl and ring bearers were on little kid bikes, the wine charms were made from chain links, etc etc. It was grand. Since you're local you might be interested in knowing that the the bride is a freelance graphic designer in Seattle so she'll be able to help in more ways than one if you need more than just suggestions. www.drrtygrrl.com
There's no "contact" tab that I see but if you click "order" it just brings up an email window. Otherwise, PM me and I'll get you better contact info. Congrats!
Wow, thanks for the info! I lover her site and will definitely email her!!