Quantcast

Mountain Bike Video Archive Project - assistance requested

BOOMSLANG

Chimp
Apr 6, 2009
Morgan Hill
Ridemonkey Comrades,

I started collecting Mountain Bike Videos back in the early 90’s. The first video to my knowledge was ‘Hans “No Way” Ray.’ It’s been nearly 20 years and I recognize that I have amassed a significant piece of Mountain Biking history. I hope that someday the collection might be donated to the MBHOF or a similar worthy entity so it can serve the entire mountain bike community and preserve our history.

At this time, I am attempting to locate some early titles. I am reaching out with the hope that many of you have these titles collecting dust on your shelf and might be willing to add it to the collection.

I convert VHS tapes to digital and store the original before the tape degrades. Some titles may have actually been available on DVD.

Here is a list of titles that I know are missing:

Masters of Reality
Keep it Real (not Jeff Lenosky)
Braggin’ Rights
Headliners 1
Shift
Mud Cows 1,2
Biker Fox
Chainsmoke 1
Torque 1-3
Front 1, 2
Ride Like A Pro
Soil Samples
East of the Gate
Changing of the Guard
Evolution (not Reed Merchat)
Vast? Or Vituous?
Second Coming
Clict 1
Topsoil 1
Children of the Dirt
Superheros 1, 2
The Circus
Big Ride
Local Yokels

Please PM me if you have any of these titles.

Out of respect for copyrights, (even though many of the production entities are long gone), I am seeking only original copies and will not make or distribute copies. Your original would have to be a permanent donation to Mountain Biking history.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Jason Chamberlain

ncrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2004
Los Angeles
O.T.
I was trying to find the "Where is the love" crash/ride vid someone on RM put together back in like '06? I would buy someone a beer if they could post it up. That vid was hilarious.

BOOMSLANG

Chimp
Apr 6, 2009
Morgan Hill
id make ya copies of the 7 titles i have from that list, but i know thats not what you want.
I appreciate the offer. I am going to hold out for originals for the time being. I may revsie that strategy if things prove difficult.

We will stay in touch.

Jason C

BOOMSLANG

Chimp
Apr 6, 2009
Morgan Hill
Thanks to all of you, the list is shrinking! (However, a couple more titles emerged in the process ;)

I am still looking for the following titles if anyone has them:

Braggin’ Rights
Shift
Mud Cows 1,2
Biker Fox
Chainsmoke 1
Torque 2-3
Front 1, 2
Ride Like A Pro
Soil Samples 1
East of the Gate
Changing of the Guard