"Monarch Mountain Bike Extravaganza" Monarch, CO
DH, XC
Sept 18-19
719-221-1251

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
definitely go hit up moab, snowmass, angle fire, and telluride. The final decent is pretty fun. That night after the race they held a costume party. To bad it rained and snowed. El paso is pretty fun. It had some pretty tech step she-it. Even though its not a mountain states cup its pretty fun. Red bull was kind enough to cook use food and odviously had refreshments.

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
yean, word up, final descent was crazy, got even crazier when my gloves fell off the ski lift :monkey:.
What did you race in final descent, and i'd have to agree, moab, snowmass, telluride, chille challenge was pretty fun this year, with exception for shattered collar bone and wrist:rolleyes:

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I was in Moab in 2003 and rode the bike park and Bartlet Wash. i could not find the muchroom drop - a storm moved in real fast and we got the hell out of there. I should have gone out to Hanksville. I want to hit some of those gaps/drops this year!

joel

chinoloco

Chimp
Aug 26, 2003
Austin, TX
I'm definitely going to hit up Moab this year. Should be pretty damn cool.
Final Descent was awesome. It was my first downhill race and now I'm hooked.
I assume everyone is going to show up at Comfort?

dirtyj

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
austin
me and joe r going 2 hite up moab too. maybe will follow u up there joel. what day r u going. 2 bad we didn't get to chill more in angle fire. we had a sweet place to stay thanks 2 t.

Big E

Monkey
Jan 22, 2004
Hell Paso Texas
yeah Angel Fire is always worth it. Los Alamos has a gret trail but its not a mountain states cup race. some of us from El Paso should be in comfort. we got a race comin up in El Paso in April. you should keep an eye out on the website. we always have new crazy stuff goin on.

Peace
www.roughriderracing.org

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
i went to comfort yesterday and got in about 8 runs on the downhill course . i had a blast. were gonna get there friday and camp overnight. we plan on having a huge bonfire, drinking lots of beer and having a good time. everybody should come party friday night .heres a pic of maggotbrain last year

igotabike

Chimp
Nov 8, 2003
atx
its at the top of expert, i think he was about five feet over from the line theyre using this year. btw, i just registered for the race online, its so easy!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I know a LOT of you guys race DH, and we're stoked as all get out to have ya'll come up here for the MSC races that you do, as well as Final Descent and all of that. I'm SUPER glad I caught this thread, because I have some news regarding the Tour of Canyonlands in Moab this year. Please check out the following link, as I know a few of you are planning on coming to Moab in April:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76088

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Originally posted by Full Trucker
I know a LOT of you guys race DH, and we're stoked as all get out to have ya'll come up here for the MSC races that you do, as well as Final Descent and all of that. I'm SUPER glad I caught this thread, because I have some news regarding the Tour of Canyonlands in Moab this year. Please check out the following link, as I know a few of you are planning on coming to Moab in April:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76088
aahh, bummer......are you guys still running the same XC course? er are you going to change it up?