Quantcast

Move over Maker's Mark... I've got a new bourbon in my cabinet...

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Picked up a bottle to try instead of good ol' Makers Mark (which is excellent as well). Knob Creek tastes better over the rocks than MM... smoooooooooth!

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I drank a bunch of Woodford Reserve this weekend...not too bad. Maker's is good...but i've never had Knob Creek.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
Apparently you missed the point of this thread.

We're talking about whiskey. Not drain cleaner.
The Single Barrel is some good stuff, the other JD is what I mix with coke for my common guests. The good stuff should be had straight, over rocks or over rocks with a splash of water. Diluting a whiskey with soda should be outlawed and considered a sin.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Dump the JD and go with (illkoolkeg's recommendation earlier) Evan Williams.

Way better than JD or Beam, works well as a mixer and is still very drinkable over a bit of ice. Plus, you can get a fifth for about 8 bucks.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Silver said:
Dump the JD and go with (illkoolkeg's recommendation earlier) Evan Williams.

Way better than JD or Beam, works well as a mixer and is still very drinkable over a bit of ice. Plus, you can get a fifth for about 8 bucks.
I'm a full on EW fan now. Buying it by the jug.

I did sip a shot of Knob Creek at LAX the other day ($2 shots w/your beer!). It was very sweet and buttery. Pretty good, but pretty good bourbon is wasted on me.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
N8 said:
:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Picked up a bottle to try instead of good ol' Makers Mark (which is excellent as well). Knob Creek tastes better over the rocks than MM... smoooooooooth!

finally N* and i agree on something. i have been touting the taste and smoothness of Knob Creek for a long time but no one ever listens. I actually drove over the real Knob Creek yesterday.