Quantcast

Moving conus

Mar 5, 2017
I have a TUES CF Comp from YT Industries and realized for the first time that the conus at the bottom of the stem is moving a bit. There is a rubber around and when using the brakes or mvoing the bike up and down the conus makes a kind of squelch (See the attached video clip). Is this normal? Any ideas?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Conus? That looks like the top cup of the headset, and it appears to be loose.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Your headset is loose. Don't rode the bike, take it to youre local shop, and ask then to tighten it.

Loosen the stem slightly. Slightly tighten the bolt on the topcap, tighten stem. If you are unsure of anything that I said, or how much to tighten any bolt, take it to the shop like Nick said.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Loosen the stem slightly. Slightly tighten the bolt on the topcap, tighten stem. If you are unsure of anything that I said, or how much to tighten any bolt, take it to the shop like Nick said.
Dual crown fork = Multiple bolts to not retorque properly.
OP hadn't a clue (no offense op)
I still say take it in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dual crown fork = Multiple bolts to not retorque properly.
OP hadn't a clue (no offense op)
I still say take it in.
Yeah, should have looked at the picture.

I once got violently thrown from my bike while hauling ass around a berm and the wheel went 90 degrees because some dumbass (me) forgot to tighten my stem bolts. One of those wrecks where I was not only surprised to be alive, but unhurt.