Quantcast

Moving SUCKS!!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
kidwoo said:
Hey brian, I got sick of listening to you b1tch about your rough life so I just drove by your second home outside of tahoe city and took a dump on your porch. There's a $100 bill underneath the pile if you're really that stretched.
:D

I would have wiped a little bit of the turd on the unseen underside of every doorknob on the house, but that is just me.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
jdcamb said:
You have a second home in Tahoe and you are not wealthy?? Hmmm. I have the utmost respect for those that work hard for their wealth. Expectations and goals of wealth are nothing to feel guilty about. Keep working hard and may you reach your goals. Maybe someday you will be very wealthy. But by any measureable sense you are wealthy by virtue of living in a wealthy community, having disposable income, the ability to save a certain percentage of your earnings, and being able to afford the finer things in life. Most folks can't afford to even go to the French Laundry once (if they could even get a reservation). I am sure based on national averages you are considered wealthy. Ask someone displaced by Katrina if your wealthy? Even with all the vouchers and assistance they are in a jam. Your standard of wealth may be skewed based on that fact that you have always been wealthy and just never realized it. Never feel guilty for what you have worked for though.....
I don't have a lot of money, I've invested my money in real estate & stocks, as far as cash don't have that much. I'm partners with my in-laws on the Tahoe place. We bought it as a vacation rental, which rents 75% of the year. Some months are tough but others aren't. It's not like I'm board and feel like jetting up to Tahoe for a weekend, I try to rent it and rather have it rented then going there. Well with the exception of getting that $100 kidwoo left under his stool. I just got to wait for the neighbors dogs to eat the stool first:think: Like I said before it's all relative. If you saw how much I paid for my house you would laugh. My place realistically is worth $350-$450K if it were anywhere else in the country.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
Hey brian, I got sick of listening to you b1tch about your rough life so I just drove by your second home outside of tahoe city and took a dump on your porch. There's a $100 bill underneath the pile if you're really that stretched.
:D
Well Kevin, didn't you guys just buy a place in Tahoe? Not bad for a 25 year old pup.:blah:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Brian HCM#1 said:
Well Kevin, didn't you guys just buy a place in Tahoe? Not bad for a 25 year old pup.:blah:
The only thing in it's twenties in this house is some of my underwear. You must be thinking of some of the other tykes around here. And I date someone who makes twice as much as me remember? It's much less my house than it is hers.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
top-rated (by some measures) restaurant in the western hemisphere.

brian, this is a thread you can never win; you may not feel you are wealthy as compared to your peers in the bay area, but for this site (probably 50% college-age or under, definitely most not near yr age and accumulated, uh, stuff that comes w/ living) you are clearly towards the far end of the bell curve.

if you want a respite from these threads, don't bring up stuff like buying a new boat. :sneaky:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
top-rated (by some measures) restaurant in the western hemisphere.

brian, this is a thread you can never win; you may not feel you are wealthy as compared to your peers in the bay area, but for this site (probably 50% college-age or under, definitely most not near yr age and accumulated, uh, stuff that comes w/ living) you are clearly towards the far end of the bell curve.

if you want a respite from these threads, don't bring up stuff like buying a new boat. :sneaky:
I understand your point. Check out how The French laundry ranks though.:drool:

The top 20 places to eat in the world:

1.The Fat Duck Bray, Berkshire, England
2.El Bulli, Montjoi, Spain
3.The French Laundry, Yountville, California
4.Tetsuya's, Sydney
5.Gordon Ramsay, London
6.Pierre Gagnaire, Paris
7.Per Se, New York
8.Tom Aikens, London
9.Jean Georges, New York
10.St. John, London

11.Michel Bras, Laguiole, France
12.Le Louis XV, Monte Carlo
13.Chez Panisse, Berkeley, California
14.Charlie Trotter, Chicago
15.Gramercy Tavern, New York
16.Guy Savoy, Paris
17.Restaurant Alain Ducasse, Paris
18.The Gallery at Sketch, London
19.The Waterside Inn Bray, Berkshire, England
20.Nobu, London

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
kidwoo said:
The only thing in it's twenties in this house is some of my underwear. You must be thinking of some of the other tykes around here. And I date someone who makes twice as much as me remember? It's much less my house than it is hers.
I thought you were still in your 20's. Anyways as soon as you guys get married it will be equil property:p

MizN8

Monkey
Jul 20, 2005
Anyway you look at it moving sucks...........but you have it backwards if you think packing boxes of personal stuff is the easy part............it is way harder than moving the actual furniture and already packed boxes from point A to point B. Do yourself a favor and throw out as much as possible......ask yourself if you really want to keep it or is throwing it away easier?????????? Do I really want to take this stuff with me??????????

If you want to hire movers get them to pack for you too..........just my 2 cents. Packing sucks!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ciaran said:
You may not be rich but I would guess that you have enough stuff and a large enough house and make/earn enough that you really should hire pro movers. My last move I hired a truck and a couple of guys to load and unload the boxes (I packed them). It really made moving easier and was very much worth the cost.
MBC and I hired movers when we moved into our house a year ago. It cost us about a grand for one full day of labor, but well worth it. The guys who moved us were frikkin horses, man.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I Are Baboon said:
MBC and I hired movers when we moved into our house a year ago. It cost us about a grand for one full day of labor, but well worth it. The guys who moved us were frikkin horses, man.
You'd think horses would be really cheap to hire. A little hay and they should be good. :think:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
.:Jeenyus:. said:
You got ripped. Two friends and I moved the contents of a house across town (about 2 miles) for $40 each. Granted, It only lasted about 6 hours though with no real breaks...

When in need to cheap labor, hire teenagers. :D
damn dude. YOU got ripped. i charge 10/hr for anything labor intensive. but i also work my ass off when im doing it too so it usually gets done prett quick