Quantcast

Moving to San Antonio... AS-X overkill?

Hey there fellow primates. Moving to San Antonio later this month. Wondering what the riding is like in the area. Will be living near the airport, near W Ave and Blanco Rd 'til we can find a more permanent place to live.

Also wondering if my Yeti AS-X is going to be overkill there. Are there alot gnarly/technical trails there?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
MacAllister park is right there...I really enjoyed it there. But it is perfect Single Speed country there (At Mac).
Enjoy, fun town full of great people!

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas
There are a few places close by that would be fun on that bike but overall it's overkill, yes.

Mar 1, 2005
Whats up man,there are lots of trails around SA goverment canyon ,OP flat rock ranch .If your looking for down hill trails contact me i have my secert ninja trails, pretty gnarly gotta hike up but blasting down is sick do you ride downhill. Contact me if interested.

Anineelab

Chimp
Jan 31, 2010
Deutch
The family may be moving to San Antonio sometime in the upcoming year. Any suggestions for neighborhoods near the Lackland area??

How is offroading in that area? Lots of places nearby? Any free places like state parks??
is......

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I lived out in Castroville and it was nice and quite and a very easy drive to Lackland. However most of the riding is northwest and north of SA. I don't know how much of 700 acres is still open, but its really close to Lackalnd. I was a freerider/dh guy when I was there and if I had to do it again I would get a 5" all mtn bike or the like. You can pin SA/Austin trails and still get your adrenalin rush, but a ASX is overkill. Check out bikemojo.com for the low down.