Quantcast

Moving to SW VA from WA.....

Jul 13, 2004
Howdy Virginians,

We are going to be moving to the Roanoke/Blacksburg area from NW Washington soon, how's the riding scene down there, especially for freeride stuff, these days?

Superdeft

Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
East Coast
It's good, talk to MikeT, BigMike, and some of the other SW locals from that area, you won't be disappointed with the offerings trail-wise. Virginia Tech has a FR club/team, and I'm pretty sure there's stuff in Roanoke also.

wannabeabonedoc

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Wytheville Virginia
There is a lot of good riding in that area. I live about an hour north of roanoke, and an hour and a half from Blacksburg. As the other person said, MikeT, Castle, and that whole crew are the ones to look for. And here's a pretty cool website.. www.freeride.org.vt.edu

welcome to the east coast!!!!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Hey man!!! Welcome, as others have mentioned there are a few of us kickin' 'round these parts, who like to do some of that thur ridin' you mention.

check your PM's.....

Jul 13, 2004
glad to hear there's some motivated peeps out there. I actually grew up in Virginny and went to Tech back in the day but have been out west for a while. It's gonna be hard to leave with all the stuff in this area (I'm like 15 minutes from BC yeeeehaw) but I know theres hills down yonder...

I've got plenty of trail building tools too....

wolf

Chimp
Nov 3, 2003
Ashburn/Blacksburg
yea dude....the scene in swva is constantly growing. tech's got a good group of core riders established now so you can always find people to ride in blacksburg....welcome back, it's great to have another rider