Quantcast

Moving to the area

eric1bss

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
North VA
Hi,

I'm going to be moving to Loudon County at the end of may and I was just wondering if there is a good freeride/ street/ and especially dirt jump crowd in this area. I will be working as the head mechanic at a shop opening in Aldie called Trail's End Cycling.

Thanks,
Eric

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, OK, Just kidding :)

there is quite a large number of FR/Street/DJ/DH riders in the area. In fact, most of the VA forum is about Street rides in DC, and come time for Wintergreen to open, the part that is not about DC street, is about WG :)

I dont know if anyone actually is from that area, but there are definantly riders within a half hour drive. (which is somthing you will get used to living in northern VA.)

Where are you moving from and what do you ride?

eric1bss

Chimp
Apr 1, 2004
North VA
I'm moving from south Florida, really flat, no DH, good freeride, ok street, ok dirt jumping. I have 2 bikes, both hardtails. My freeride bike is a 243 with monsters reduced to 5.75" of travel, rear 24x3.0 kujo, 26x2.8" front michelin, 12-25 ultegra cassette. My dirt jump/street bike is one that I welded myself at UBI in Oregon. It's single speed, rear brake only, sherman firefly at 4" all the time.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
My dirt jump/street bike is one that I welded myself at UBI in Oregon
whoa pics please....

that is cool as hell....props...

there are weekly ride posts on this board just watch them and when you see some thing like "who is riding the shed tomorrow? who is riding in dc tonight?" ask for directions and people will post. Everyone here is very friendly compared to other regional boards, welcome!

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
nice bike - i just bought one of those sprockets, looks badass. ;)

I grew up in Loudoun, living in DC now, but I still go out there a lot; my folks still live there. There isn't a whole big riding scene IN loudoun but it's right in the middle of a lot of good riding, DC for jumping and street stuff, there's a few BMX tracks close by, and up in Frederick, MD there's a lot of DH-type stuff.

when you get here, there'll be a lot going on, post up and hit some of the rides or shoot me a PM or somethin........