Quantcast

Moving to whislter

Nov 12, 2004
Hey, I was thinking about moving up to whistler for a few years after i graduate. I was looking to see if any of u guys knew anything about the housing/job situation up there or also any complications moving as an American citizen.

Thanks,
Greg

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Hey, I was thinking about moving up to whistler for a few years after i graduate. I was looking to see if any of u guys knew anything about the housing/job situation up there or also any complications moving as an American citizen.

Thanks,
Greg
The website below should have all of the information you need about getting some sort of legal resident status.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
You lucky bastard.
Anyways all I can tell you is that housing = mucho casholla. Also, there will be work, just most of it will be minimum wage. If you want to stay out of the burger joints maybe look into working at a bike shop or in the construction industry. Plenty of new houses are going up and it pays well.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
its cheap to stay in whistler staff housing, anyone can stay, 2-3 week minimum, its cheaap
I think the thing that everyone is missing here is that he's talking about moving there for a few years. You will need to explore the link I provided if you want to live (and more importantly work) in Canada as a legal resident. Unless of course you're planning on living and working as an illegal resident.

FlipFantasia

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Sea to Sky BC
You lucky bastard.
Anyways all I can tell you is that housing = mucho casholla. Also, there will be work, just most of it will be minimum wage. If you want to stay out of the burger joints maybe look into working at a bike shop or in the construction industry. Plenty of new houses are going up and it pays well.
housing is only expensive if you come in the fall and are trying to find something for the winter.....my roomate and I pay 550 per for a two bedroom place that has enclosed, heated, locked steel door storage below our apartment, with two big rooms, laundry, massive pantry and a huge living room, dining room, kitchen area........living in whistler really isn't that much more than living in Vancouver or any other big city......and the quality of life is WAAAAAAY better.