Quantcast

MRP bones crank removal?

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
This is really pissing me off big time.
I thought they were like profile cranks were you just knock the axle through but NO!
I hammered and hammered but nothing , now these are new cranks which were greased before fitting and what not.

I have the tool the only thing i can think off is using the tool to pull the axle through one side of the crank and then tapping it through the rest of the way.
But would this not damage the spline fitting?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Man you have some problems, buy normal parts ;)

Yeah it's the same as the old Profile cranks for removal, sounds like you'll need new bearings after you get it apart. Have you tried riding the bike with the bolt loosened, maybe spray a penetrating oil on then go for a quick ride?

I have the new Profile wedge type spindle and it has to be one of the most stupidly designed bike parts ever, still better than the 19mm spindle though.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
best crank interface on the market is the new e13 "p3 lobe". makes installation and removal so easy and fool proof its silly. the frequency of soft-compounds posts these days is funny

Last edited:

soft-compound

Monkey
Dec 29, 2012
Man you have some problems, buy normal parts ;)

Yeah it's the same as the old Profile cranks for removal, sounds like you'll need new bearings after you get it apart. Have you tried riding the bike with the bolt loosened, maybe spray a penetrating oil on then go for a quick ride?

I have the new Profile wedge type spindle and it has to be one of the most stupidly designed bike parts ever, still better than the 19mm spindle though.

Yeah i know man im fed up with this BS.
Stupid bike parts thats why i recently got rid of my avalanche mtn8 no parts for them and hard to service.
Why am i so addicted to strange and unusual bike parts

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Why am i so addicted to strange and unusual bike parts
you're not. you are just in denial of the fact that you "prefer" older parts, and use terms like "strange" and "unusual" to rationalize it. I still don't understand why you would use some of the **** you use, especially if you can afford much nicer, more modern acoutrements.