Quantcast

MS Bike Tour - Connecticut

It's that time of year again.... registration is open for the MS Bike Tour in Connecticut.

Last year's ridemonkeydotcom team consisted of myself, IAB and McMcg. We rode the 50 mile Road route - and only suffered 1 flat on the rainy cold day. They've done away with the mountain bike tour due to lack of interest.

Also there are lots of generous monkeys on this board such as Heidi and Reflux who sent us their support.

Details: Sunday June 5, 2005

Route:
Registration Starts at:
Tour Begins at:

100 mile
6:30am
7:00am

75 mile
7:30am
8:00am

50 mile
8:30am
9:00am

25 mile
9:30am
10:00am

10 mile
10:30am
11:00am

Online Registration Fee - $25.00 (savings of $10.00!)

Minimum Donation - $100.00

If you'd like to join us this year, please register at: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/ctn/event/event_page.asp?p=203&e=67

be sure to add yourself to the team RIDEMONKEYDOTCOM

Thanks.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm in! What mileage will we be shooting for this year??

MBC, how does one get to the team Ridemonkeydotcom site to register?

Is there a different link than the one you provided that gets me(us) there? OR how do I get to it from the link you provided?

It would be cool as hell if we could put together a bigger team for 2005.

C'mon Douglas, Splat, and others - get on board! :thumb:

MMcG said:
I'm in! What mileage will we be shooting for this year??

MBC, how does one get to the team Ridemonkeydotcom site to register?

Is there a different link than the one you provided that gets me(us) there? OR how do I get to it from the link you provided?

It would be cool as hell if we could put together a bigger team for 2005.

C'mon Douglas, Splat, and others - get on board! :thumb:
THanks MMCG!

Once you go to that link and start the registration process, it asks you if you are joining a team. Then you can do a lookup.

IAB and I have registered for the 50 miler again - but it's not set in stone.

Ask Laura if she wants to ride too!!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I'd like to do the 75 miler if I can get my fat lazy ass in shape by then. :)

Nothing like chugging along at a leisurely pace and having a group of 100 miler seasoned roadies go flying by like a train. :p

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
MtnBikerChk said:
THanks MMCG!

Once you go to that link and start the registration process, it asks you if you are joining a team. Then you can do a lookup.

IAB and I have registered for the 50 miler again - but it's not set in stone.

Ask Laura if she wants to ride too!!
Thanks! I will ask Laura most definitely. But we gotta find her a road bike, otherwise she'll have to ride her Trek Hybrid and that could be tough.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
my 1st century ever is on my "To do" list (but that always could be another planned RM ride)

June 5th looks good for me, but I am still waiting on a schedule for a XC series I want to do

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I would totally love to join you guys as I'm planning on making a trip to the East Coast to visit one of my sisters. Unfortunately that's right before her exams, so try to have fun without me. If anyone's interested in doing the MS Ride in CA, let me know because it's a damn good time.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'm officially registered and signed up as a member of teamridemonkey.com

I put myself down for the 75 miler - figured I'd push myself this year above and beyond the 50 miler I did last year.

I encourage anyone who can to get on board - we'll have a lot of fun!

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Any one have a road bike i could borrow? I cant say i would do very good, but it would be fun to try. Actually, i dont think ive ever riden a road bike. :think:

EDIT: actually you can count on me blowing ass and coming in around last. :o: but it would be fun, right?

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
I'm interested in either doing the 25 or 50 miler. Which one I do is if the gf is coming or not.

I'll let you know with in the week

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Arsbars said:
I'm interested in either doing the 25 or 50 miler. Which one I do is if the gf is coming or not.

I'll let you know with in the week
Keep us posted Arsbars - my girlfriend is going to ride too - so we may opt for the 25 or 50 miler ourselves.

She's going to borrow her friend's pink Serotta! :eek: :drool: :eek:

hans2

Chimp
Jul 26, 2002
Boston
If I can get the weekend off from work, I'll do it. I like the low minimum donation. I'll just pay it myself as I hate asking people for money.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
MtnBikerChk said:
You'll only donate if we do the 100??
no but i wanted it to sound like that. I'd still like to see yall do the 100. OUR's you only have the option of doing the whole thing, houston to austin - 188 miles.
I like the pain.