Quantcast

Mt Ashland Trails are Prime!

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Ashland trails (are) the freakin BEST - All Mountain or even full DH - there's stuff up there that will challenge you and have you smiling on runs so long (try 20 minutes of near continuous down at a time on some) that you won't believe it. Nothing like it around for variety of trails - and with N*, Mammoth, and D'ville closing up for the year - Ashland will continue rocking for some time. Time Warp and Jabberwocky - here I come!

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Bill,

I should have bought a beanie while Ian and I were there two weekends ago. :(

You guys... If you've never been to Ashland, you are SORELY missing out. Their trail network is unreal.

Last edited:

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Have gone both extremes on the Hotel front - Windsor Inn is economical and a rock's throw away from Ashland Mountain Adventure offices where shuttle pickup. Ashland Springs is top flite and right near Lithia park. For camping - try giving Wild Bill or Sue a call / email at AMA.

ashmtnadv

Chimp
Mar 6, 2008
Ashland Or.
Emigrant Lake is the lest expensive rout, or the Knights Inn has great deals, mention Ashland Mountain Adventures and you'll get a discount... dont blame me if some tile falls off the wall!
Or the Windmill has great rates and a step up and not far from our shop also.
GET OUT AND RIDE!

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Forgot to mention "Off-Shoot" - that has some puckering steep with turns and drops - uber slack geo and a real rear tire certainly helpful to ride it... and "Marty's" with a couple cool hucks (took a couple B-runs to nut up for the hip over the rocks) and some fun rockgardens as a lead in to "Jabberwocky". Note: me and my Gravity Light 777s barely get through Jabberwocky without clipping a tree or two - that is one of the tightest single tracks (literally and colloquially) - especially the steep loose lefthander with the drop in the middle and tree lining the exit...so damn fun!

adam12

Chimp
Mar 8, 2007
Carson City
I have a group of 4 that will need a shuttle on Thursday OCT15...we will need something around 9-10 AM...you guys shuttling then?

I have ridden the bull gap thru to BTI...what's White Rabbit like?

Is it worth doing a 2nd run down Horn Gap?

ashmtnadv

Chimp
Mar 6, 2008
Ashland Or.
Adam12
Yes we will be in by 9:30 ot 10am. We're coming from 425 miles out so we have a real early start that day if you can wait and hour, we will get you dialed in for sure!
Wite rabbit is a sweet, hardly riden, mostly singletrack, that comes out on the east end of town by our shop. Definitly woth doing, even though there's one short steep climb in it.
I ride Horn gap every week and I may be one of the very few that venture out that far. If you willing to pedal 7 miles of flat fire road you will get the pleasure of riding a sweet singletrack that will have more leaves and pine needles than bike tracks for sure. While your out that far you'll want to climb back up to Mystical and Hit road for anouther 4+ miles of 15min of ripping trail to town! See us at www.ashmtnadv.com or call 541 499 2298 and we will get you on the mountain!

SVC

Chimp
May 1, 2003
Echo that - White Rabbit climb is short and the single track really fun. Can really test your turning skills and setup (read most can ride it - but railing it a challenge - you will immediately want to ride it again). Had success with WTB Prowlers XTs (slight trim on front) for the fine loose over hardpack when last ridden.
Haven't done Hit Rd or Mystical - but riders I trust that have swear by it - and the ride over / up not bad compared to the fun to had...near pristine and well thought out flowy, gravity fed single track that goes on for days (OK - 20 minutes for mere mortals) - close to all moutain nirvana. That describes a number of trails at Ashland (Missing Link another trail I forgot to mention). And food (beer) and (high end) civilization right at the bottom (Lithia Park / center of town). If there was a place to run a world class level Euro Enduro type race format in the US - this is it!

ashmtnadv

Chimp
Mar 6, 2008
Ashland Or.
Your very spot on with your description! The rains have started and the dirt is going to be extremely good this weekend!
Ashlan Mountain Adventures will be hosting a trail work day on Nov. 1st you can find all the details at www.ashmtnadv.com and click on the blog!