Quantcast

Mt Biking December issue

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Shameless self plug.

Worlds coverage and cover shot of Dec. issue of Mt Biking. Check it out and let me know what you think. I still have not seen the inside stuff.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
It's a beautiful shot, but odd no World's champ for the cover? Magazine editors make no sense. This is news to no one.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks guys, I am stoked on it.

Sam's had enough covers, share the wealth! (That and Sam was a ninja for 2 weeks and barely did any runs, leading to not so many images of him from the last 2 events).

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
The scenery is totally out of focus and blocked by some dick on a bike.

Way to go, Ansel.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I like that rubber tube looking contraption on his fork, looks like an interesting way to block out the mud.

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Great article and great photos, Frasier. I got mine in the mail last week, and although I don't usually have high hopes for some of the writing in there, yours was definitely put together very well.

--JP

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Great article and great photos, Frasier. I got mine in the mail last week, and although I don't usually have high hopes for some of the writing in there, yours was definitely put together very well.

--JP
Thanks John. It looks like I will be working with them on a regular basis now. The new(ish) editor seems to be doing a great job of turning things around.

I still haven't seen the issue yet and need to invoice them. Any chance you can snap me a couple of camera phone images of the content so that I can see how big some of the images were used?

Thanks!

John P.

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Golden, CO
Thanks John. . . . Any chance you can snap me a couple of camera phone images of the content so that I can see how big some of the images were used?
No problem. The answer is "huge". Here are some lo-res scans of all the pages in the article

Happy invoicing :)

--JP

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Great cover shot, but I feel it lost something when they cropped it so narrowly. 1/3 of Rennie's head isn't in the frame. That makes it look lopsided to me. That shot would sooooo sick in a horizontal framing, and would place more emphasis on his eyes, but with the vertical confines of a cover, I guess that's what they hadta do.

Regardless, it's a good shot.