Quantcast

Mt. Hood '08 Schedule!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yes, I'm kind of stoked for next season...hey, it's November and it's going to be April before we know it.
I'm not sure what's in store for tomorrow, but I'll give a holler when I figure it out. I'll have the pics from SST heading your way by this time tomorrow either way.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
<----Poker Dealer... Work 3 days a week. Work Smarter, not harder. Leave Fri-Mon for Racing. Now THATS dedication.
BTW If your waiting for April to race, then your missing alot of racing. They have the Fall CCCX Series in California right now. And then they start in Febuary for the Spring series.
Whos ready to leave Friday morning?

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
<----Poker Dealer... Work 3 days a week. Work Smarter, not harder. Leave Fri-Mon for Racing. Now THATS dedication.
BTW If your waiting for April to race, then your missing alot of racing. They have the Fall CCCX Series in California right now. And then they start in Febuary for the Spring series.
Whos ready to leave Friday morning?
most kidies have school.

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
dang that sucks, i'll only be able to make it to the first two then i'm off to colorado where i'll spend the next 4 years of my life.

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i think the fact that my preview spellchecks the location of mt. hood skibowl for the first race is a good indication that it will in fact be held at the bridle trail place.

-FLUIDRIDE-

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
So I just got word from Petr las night the second FR Cup event will be on the weekend of the 10 - 11th.
This way we can hold the slalom on Sat and Dh on Sun like the rest of the series.

We will also do everything possible to assure the race is run down at least the lower part of the GnarGnar, Sport, and Pro ex courses - not the Bridal trail.

Cheers!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
word! damn im comming back late June, so it looks like i wont be missing tooo many races! i actually am done end of May, so i could make Beacon and the first hood, but id have to fly to england just for graduation . . . . hmm its worth it! (i mean for the racing)

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
WTF!!! I bought a new bike to race JUST for the Bridal Trail, (and the DS). Who do I talk to so I can get a refund. So far I'm at...Frame:$500, Brakes: $165, Fork: $425....Spending $2000 on a sport where I come in last AGAIN: Priceless.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
WTF!!! I bought a new bike to race JUST for the Bridal Trail, (and the DS). Who do I talk to so I can get a refund. So far I'm at...Frame:$500, Brakes: $165, Fork: $425....Spending $2000 on a sport where I come in last AGAIN: Priceless.
I'll be joining you all this year, so maybe you'll have a new whipping boy.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it. Just glad it's gonna be you in last and not me :) Bring that $2000 bike up to Seattle some time and let's go riding.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Just be like me...after the hike up the bridle trail go down that one big rockgarden all non chalantly and go OTB because you weren't paying attention. Get up laughing to realize that you just broke your shifter and are now going to race singlespeed all cuz of a 2mph "wreck" before you even got to start :)

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Just be like me...after the hike up the bridle trail go down that one big rockgarden all non chalantly and go OTB because you weren't paying attention. Get up laughing to realize that you just broke your shifter and are now going to race singlespeed all cuz of a 2mph "wreck" before you even got to start :)
Not last year, but the year before I broke the screws in my directmount stem one the way up for my 2nd run. Good thing they didn't snap DURING my run. I had to ride down the road with no handle bars. I had 1 hand on the steer tube.

FatalExposure

Monkey
Sep 2, 2005
Maybe carpool? What do you drive? How many bikes are you taking?
I've got a 2006 Tacoma TRD with a rack. So I can bring 3 bikes easy, and I don't race 4x. I'll miss the 1st three Hood races because of work, but will make all the August-Sept stuff, the 1st Fluidride in Port Angeles, and I would be interested in driving down to Norcal to check out the CCCX series. Also, about a 60% chance that I'll be getting a Tundra when I get back to the states so that will increase the carry capacity a bit. Looking forward to it. I've missed the last 5 seasons because I've been in Iraq and Afghanistan. It will be cool to finally get out.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
There not "Dropping" a race. Were still racing the same amount of races. We just don't have to do a XC race. Have you raced the Bridal Trail? The last 100 yds is uphill. They moved it back a week or 2 and where racing on a DOWNHILL course, hence the name DOWNHILL.

JimEG

Chimp
May 29, 2006
Capitol Forest
There not "Dropping" a race. Were still racing the same amount of races. We just don't have to do a XC race. Have you raced the Bridal Trail? The last 100 yds is uphill. They moved it back a week or 2 and where racing on a DOWNHILL course, hence the name DOWNHILL.
Yes, I raced it last year. It was a blast. I do remember it had a little pedaling in it, although I don't remember an uphill and it wasn't anywhere near an XC race and way to short be a Super D race. It is a loss, still. That was a real fun course. Sounds like you are handling this well though. Good job, bud.

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
I agree that dropping any race is a bad deal. I have raced the Mt. Hood Spring Fling for the last 4 years, once up at ski bowl and the rest on the bridal trail. The bridal trail is by far my favorite for that time of year, and a race that I look forward to every year. It's going to be a shame if we lose it.

capslayer

Chimp
Jan 28, 2007
Olympia
I've never heard of a XC race that was 4 minutes long and 99% downhill.

Does that mean if a downhill course has any uphill in it at all than it is not a real DOWNHILL course? If so they should just get rid of the Sea Otter downhill race as well.

Dude, the whole reason the bridal trail is so fun to race downhill on is because, as a whole, downhill bikes are at a disadvantage, even though it's mostly all downhill. I'm sure there are some guys fit enough to win that race on a DH bike. Plus it's not often you get to race a super fun, flowy, downhill course that's more suited towards six inch travel AM/FR bikes.