Quantcast

Mt Hood DH #2 Who survived?

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Turned out to be a wet one, but tons of fun! I know there was alot of carnage this weekend so who survived and has photos to share?

This was my first downhill race other than that trail race last month on Hood. Showed up Saturday for practice and started to think what the FU@# did I get myself into entering Expert.:shocked: That course is super tech for a first time racer. But after a day of practice it started to feel good. Come Sunday didn't have time in the morning to get practice run in so my first charge at the course was a practice run. 3:25 felt pretty good. Second run things started to feel a little smoother and stayed upright the whole course and improved my time to a 3:18:clapping: I was happy to improve on such a difficult course. The third run was starting to get a little intimidating hearing all the DNS at the starting gate. Riders that were 10 people ahead of me were now 4 riders up:twitch: The rain really started to come down while waiting making the tree section a slop fest. I was on a mission to survive sliding and bouncing of ruts, rocks and trees. Went over the bars on the first stepdown but determined not to get passed hoped back on the bike just in time to slip and slide off the next two step downs in the ugliest downhill technique but staying upright bouncing on my front tire and on the way to the finish. 3:27
Ending up with a 8th place in my Expert class.

Overall had a wonderful weekend and meet some really cool people, hung out with friends, rode with some people I havn't got a chance to before. Thanks to everyone! Now can't wait for my next race.

Ceder
06' bright blue Turner DHR

mogulboy

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
I had a blast, just went way too conservative on my runs.

Anybody see any pics and/or results posted?

dh gangster

Monkey
Jul 31, 2006
P en Doubleyou
yeah i had a blast
2:53 was my good run, the others i had trouble staying focussed. I had to cram my broken toe into my 5-10s so that didn't feel to good, but hey, i cant really make excuses.
Pictures of anyone in the bright blue, white and orange would be appreciated. As far as #'s that would be 66,67,or 73(i think) for myself, my brother and harry.

thanks

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
yah the course was soooo fun. that was a true race course, you really had to be on your toes. my fast time was 2:50.06, but i had a much faster run going 3rd run before i slid out on the landing of the gap off the log before the ladder into log drop at the end of the woods. can't win em all

smbisig

Chimp
May 19, 2006
Seattle
wish i was there, but the rain kept me from coming out (to take photo's that is).

i get a little paranoid with my camera equipment in the rain, but i do have a sports camera rain cover on order, so i will be out to take photos of you guys from now on, rain or shine.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
Hey is this mark ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I was the guy that got you the brake for your bike, hope it all worked out.

Ceder

Yeah, It did. Thanks. It was tough to stay in the game when I was spending so much time getting my brake fixed. Thanks to all who helped. Peace!

HTnickS

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
North Bend WAShington
I died at hood, my hand got really hurt on my second run there and after that swelled up huge and i couldn't even hold on to the bar, so i just went home. A very dissapointing day there. Im excited to go back though, the course is fun.

downhillracer

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2005
Sammamish, WA
I died at hood, my hand got really hurt on my second run there and after that swelled up huge and i couldn't even hold on to the bar, so i just went home. A very dissapointing day there. Im excited to go back though, the course is fun.
i was wondering why i didn't see ya out there nick

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Good to meet you Matt, looking forward to heading down to Tahoe! At least you made it out of there with nothing serious like Trevor:shocked: How your head and fingers feeling?
We need to get with that guy, the name escapes me at this momnet. Park at the end, had a pop up and a Toyota Tacoma. Grab like 5 guys and head to Tahoe. I have races listed there for......July 29th, August 19th, September 9th (If I don;t do the CHDH, I heard its a FAST course in Cali). So lets get a list going. See if any of the SMURFS can make it too, since there "Pinnin' it". PNW RepreZENT.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
oh btw, trevor is doin alright. he just got a little concussion i think and i still dont know if his fingers are broken.
eff that, no concussion, and i dont think i broke mai fingaz either, but they still are swollen and a lil bruised. rode the road bike to skewl todai, sure made mai fingaz sore

Sep 30, 2006
Longview, Wa
i didn't even make it to sunday. 1st year in expert and went down my3rd run on saturday and rang my bell pretty good. so i heckled my friends on sunday, still had a pretty good day.