Quantcast

Mt Hood Jump Contest

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort is presenting a freestyle bike jump in our base area on Saturday, April 29. We are working with the Gorge Freeride Assocation (http://www.gfra.org/) in Hood River, Oregon, to construct the jump and run the competition. We expect between 50 and 100 competitors, based on the number of freestylers who frequent the Gorge, and pulling from the Portland market.

We will have two divisions: Pro and Open. Any competitor can sign up for either - the prize package for the pros is larger than open - $750 for pros and $400 for open. We are looking for support with prizes as well as cash to offset the prize packages.

We expect to have around 2500 people in attendance the day of the bike event (depending on weather). We can offer you exposure at the event with on-site banners, public address announcements, a booth or tent space and any handouts you would like to present. We can also give you exposure in advance through our web site: http://www.skihood.com, as well as to our electronic email subscription lists. Mt. Hood Meadows will enjoy around 480,000 skier visits this season - which means once this event is established and put on our schedule in the future, we'll be able to give sponsors season-long exposure to our guests through the promotion of this event.

I hope this is enough for you to at least begin considering support of the event. It is our intention to grow this into a much larger event in the future that will attract freestyle bike riders from the region, perhaps even nationally. But for now we want to establish a high quality, fun event.

Sincerely,
Dave Tragethon, Marketing & Sales Director

Mt. Hood Meadows Ski Resort
1975 SW 1st Ave Suite M
Portland, OR 92701
ph: 503.287.5438 x190
fax: 503.227.7693

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
if i spent that much time on the road i'd do more than watch! actually im still debating in my head as to wether or not i spend the $743892748392 and drive down there to give it a go...