Quantcast

Mt. Hood Race June 19th who's going

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Ethan would really like to go! We are trying to figure out if we can do it or not...will keep you posted!

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
I don't think so. There aren't any camps in the area that have showers, and Kevin NEEDS to shower after riding :dead:
I learned that yesterday when he told me him helmet stunk worse then his butt from sweating in it so bad!! :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Snacks said:
Are you free the weekend after that? June 25/26?
uhm maybe haha..... i feel like rippin some Huckleberry too. Ahhh so many downhill trails so little time.
You guys would like Kachesse, cept the climb of course. :p

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
I don't think so, but I won a day pass there at the race yesterday. If we don't go I'll give it to you :)
That would be sweet if you want to give us that pass! Since we will have to buy lift tickets and all! :(

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
trailhacker said:
So I guess we're not going to Willamette Pass?
We can do Willamette Pass if we can stay an extra day and ride the trail around Waldo Lk. on Monday :) Heidi said it's a cool trail.

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Snacks said:
We can do Willamette Pass if we can stay an extra day and ride the trail around Waldo Lk. on Monday :) Heidi said it's a cool trail.
We were told that there is some of the best xc trails up there.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
here is the flyer. notice the note for experts needing the annual NORBA...... i was under the impression you could just get the OBRA and not need to buy the norba. I guess its good i decided to get mine at spokane1.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
stacy1 said:
How is the expert course? Thinking about making the trip down.

I e-mailed them to ask if the new top course is done or not. Supposedly they have cut a new trail avoiding the run called cannonball. Imagine some of the longer fireroad parts of garbanzo, but with more loose boulders in the trail.

if they run the cannonball version it goes like this.... Techy at the top with a few rock chuttes, and tight rutted corners, dropping you onto cannonball by way of small drop to g-out, then after cannon ball zigzags for a while you pop back into the treeline on a pretty rough and rocky traverse then into the real trees on a course like something you'd find at the exits, then back into the open for a fast dash to the finish.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
oly said:
I e-mailed them to ask if the new top course is done or not. Supposedly they have cut a new trail avoiding the run called cannonball. Imagine some of the longer fireroad parts of garbanzo, but with more loose boulders in the trail.

if they run the cannonball version it goes like this.... Techy at the top with a few rock chuttes, and tight rutted corners, dropping you onto cannonball by way of small drop to g-out, then after cannon ball zigzags for a while you pop back into the treeline on a pretty rough and rocky traverse then into the real trees on a course like something you'd find at the exits, then back into the open for a fast dash to the finish.
They are not running the new course this race.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Snacks said:
They are not running the new course this race.
Are you sure?
I rode with some guys yesterday who had been working on the new trail earlier in the week. They seemed to think we would be running it.
Either way, I'm in!!! :dancing:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
TWISTED said:
Are you sure?
I rode with some guys yesterday who had been working on the new trail earlier in the week. They seemed to think we would be running it.
Either way, I'm in!!! :dancing:
I was talking to Brad W. at Spokane and he had been doing some work up there. He said the new trail was nowhere near finished?
Maybe we can poach a few runs on it during Sat. practice - just to help break it in ya' know!?!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
trailhacker said:
I was talking to Brad W. at Spokane and he had been doing some work up there. He said the new trail was nowhere near finished?
Maybe we can poach a few runs on it during Sat. practice - just to help break it in ya' know!?!

Practice ends at 4, so maybe we could have trail break in from 4-10? haha.....

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
i'm planning on goin up, but i'm still not sure whether i should race sport or expert. i'm nowhere near competitive in expert, but it sounds like the course is way more fun. yeah i've asked this question before but is the expert course worth getting the annual license when i know i'm for sure gonna miss the next race and maybe more? oh and is the sport course just like a rough road or is it actual singletrack? any jumps?

.:Jeenyus:.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 23, 2004
slc
I will be there. Will be my first real DH race so should be fun. If you see a tall kid on a 7point7 with a blue madmax that will be me...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
freeridekid said:
i'm planning on goin up, but i'm still not sure whether i should race sport or expert. i'm nowhere near competitive in expert, but it sounds like the course is way more fun. yeah i've asked this question before but is the expert course worth getting the annual license when i know i'm for sure gonna miss the next race and maybe more? oh and is the sport course just like a rough road or is it actual singletrack? any jumps?
Race Expert. My first race years ago at Ski Bowl I signed up Expert, the course is way more fun and it's likely that you'll get two race runs, where-as the Beg and Sports get only one.
The only real jumps were on the now extinct dual slalom course, where I nearly won the last two races. Mostly twisty, steep, and rough, or Cannonball where you haul ass over rough gravel at crazy high speed.
Tim