Quantcast

Mt. Hood Race June 19th who's going

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
Are they running the upper half of the mountain this time? I called the info line but didn't hear anything about # of runs or whether it would be upper & lower or just lower...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Uruk-hai said:
Are they running the upper half of the mountain this time? I called the info line but didn't hear anything about # of runs or whether it would be upper & lower or just lower...
It's the WHOLE mtn. both chairs.

One run for sports/beg. and hardtail.

Two runs for pro/expert.

i heard the new course has no flow. Some friends rode it the other day and siad it wasnt very good. Its too bad hte guy htat built it busted it his hump.....but just a heads up...you may be racing the old good trail..forgot the name....;)
oh yea and its supposed to rain all weekend ...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
bibs said:
i heard the new course has no flow. Some friends rode it the other day and siad it wasnt very good. Its too bad hte guy htat built it busted it his hump.....but just a heads up...you may be racing the old good trail..forgot the name....;)
Yessss Yesss my Burien brother, talk **** about Oregon. Yes! Together we will rule the EMPIRE!!!$~@!_#@%(#

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
Mt. Hood was a blast! Here is Snacks on podium...1st place Sport women.
Uhg....I look like I have been drinking :(

Great job all the Washington riders! We made a good showing down there!! :thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
I won $$ for 1st place expert women! That rocks!!! :thumb: I thought only Pro's got $$
What a nice way to end a fun weekend!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I had a great time, although crappy runs. Im still trying to figure how my second run was 12 seconds slower and i didnt fall off the bike once or really ever stop, and even felt like i rode everything cleaner..... :confused: . I asked them to check the times and they said they were right, but im still unsure. Oh well, at least i came home with no injuries and only the red dial on my brake lever messed up.....

Congrats to those who made podium.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
MUTOLI said:
I won $$ for 1st place expert women! That rocks!!! :thumb: I thought only Pro's got $$
What a nice way to end a fun weekend!
Really?!?!? That's cool! You need to get the Beavers down there for some of the races!!!!

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
XC racing is too hard! :dead: Plus, when are you having a good time durning the race? NEVER!! :D

DH is much more laid back and the ppl are hella cool. Plus, I never have to worry about Kevin not wanting to go downhilling with me :dancing:

Edit: We are planning on hitting the Hood races on July 30/31 and Aug. 20/21

Mut

Monkey
Dec 23, 2004
Renton, WA
bibs said:
i was talking with Odd Todd and Gabe Stoner and they said that the new course does suck for racing, but a fun trail. So I guess there not going to race it. But they have some other stuff in the works for next time in July. Anyone who wants to ride some real dh races should check it out. it's tough but not to tuff. O, they pay 10 deep so a bunch of experts got some cash. And they have free beer after the race! It's a pretty fun atmoshpere and good trails. Everyone should go at least once (cough, HOLLISWOOD).

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Snacks said:
Thanks Matt! Hope to see you at the next Hood race....the upper bowl is a great time :dancing: How'd you do at Deer Valley?
I hope to be there. Deer Valley was great. I took 47th. It was a great time.