Quantcast

Mt. SI

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Coming to town this weekend but not bringing the bike. Has anyone on here ever done the four mile Mt. SI hike? Sounds like an awesome trail. Weather forecast is looking good for the weekend, I'll just go ahead and bring the Phoenix sun with me and give you all a nice break for a few days.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
I've never done it, but I've made plans (that have fallen through) to and have plenty of friends that have done it. I hear it's not too hard and a lot of fun, but your probably won't be alone on the trail.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
I'll give you a call. I get in Friday evening, wedding and poker on Saturday in Marysvale, whatever the hell I wanna do on Sunday, fly home on Monday.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Coming to town this weekend but not bringing the bike. Has anyone on here ever done the four mile Mt. SI hike? Sounds like an awesome trail. Weather forecast is looking good for the weekend, I'll just go ahead and bring the Phoenix sun with me and give you all a nice break for a few days.
Are you talking Little Si or Big Si? Little SI is 5m rt, and Big Si 8m rt.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Big Si, but if it's a people highway I think I'll pass. I was lookin' for a little more back to nature sort of thing. Runnin' across hikers all day isn't my thing. Maybe I'll just run at Lake Sawyer...always love that place.

mcrae2112

Chimp
Mar 15, 2006
Duvall
Mt. Si is like one of the most popular hikes in WA. I've heard even on the nasty, rainy, cold days, there are still cars in the lot at the bottom. Not the best if your looking to be out on your own journey. It is an awesome hike though, and everyone should expirence it once.

Vno

Monkey
Jul 24, 2002
South Mountain
Very disturbing! :ban: I'll give you a call when I get in. Should be a 4:15 arrival time if everything goes well. Of course, it'll take 2 hours to get from the airport to Fife at that time of the day.:banghead: I'm gonna need an ice cold frosty mug of Captain or Black Butte when I get there.:cheers:

Just let me know:clue: (u should ride):clue:

YOU CAN

:bonk: OR

WHAT WOULD JESUS DO:busted:

word
~BO

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Haha there's a short hike on High Rock on the Sawtooth Ridge just South of Rainier that blows away Mt. Si, but it's a drive, and well hell you can ride your bike on it too...

Man hiking is alright on the climb, but the descents suck SUCK suck....