Quantcast

Mt Snow, decent for DH?

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
(x-posted on empty beer, any help is appreciated)

hey, what's the deal with Mt Snow as a DH mtn? Was looking to head up to Killington sometime in June to do some un-core DH with my GF. She's still learning, and Killington's a pretty good place to do it, with wide, relatively easy trails to cruise down. For me its still a blast seeing how fast you can go on wide-open fireroads with full-blown DH bikes and 2000' of vertical. However, Killington doesn't open till July, and I'm booked solid throughout July. So noticed that Mt Snow is open now, how is it for easy DH? I raced the Expert course at last year's NORBA there, so not looking forward to the mud at Mt Snow in June, but wondering if its worth the trip?

Thanks! :evil:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I've never been (biking anyways, done alot of snowboarding there) and I've heard it's pretty much just XC.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
The rumor I head is that the forest service forced them to shut down all the DH trails that they had. I guess that used to be trails that were towards the top of the mountain, and now those trails are only used for nationals.

You could still hit scumbag night at the Silo. Always a good time.

mtbpaint1

Monkey
Apr 25, 2005
University of Connecticut
my buddy was up there opening weekend, yeah a good amount of trail is closed so its mint for race use...and the forest people. I used to go there all the time now that i started going to Diablo im only going back to Mt. Snow to race.

Yeah its pretty easy they have ONE work road there thats pretty easy, there's a good amount of uphills which is not to cool

Special K

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
CT by way of Beantown
Honestly -- Mt. Snow is only good for xc racing when you go up and visit. My bf has raced there for years, but never rides there if there isn't any race. They are having a dh series this summer, so I would definitely check that out. It is on the sport/beg. course. dhdracesite.com has full race schedules.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
The Norba Nationals course will kick your ass. Wow, so long and a sick course. So, it is a DH mnt for 1 weeekend out of the year, yeah.