Quantcast

Mt Snow DH course insight

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Anybody know what the DH route is gonna be this year at the Naty Champs? I'd mainly just like to know if I should go ahead and put my balloon tires (michy comp 32s) on or not. Fast and destructive or rough and slower? or fast, rough, and destructive at the same time? :clue:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Anybody know what the DH route is gonna be this year at the Naty Champs? I'd mainly just like to know if I should go ahead and put my balloon tires (michy comp 32s) on or not. Fast and destructive or rough and slower? or fast, rough, and destructive at the same time? :clue:
Pro/Expert or Sport Beginner?

Pro course looks fast and destuctive with the usual fun thrown in (ledges, stairs, turkey falls, the "around" for Yard Sale). Pretty much the same as past years I believe...

http://www.mountsnow.com/usa_bike/DH_07_Map.pdf

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Yep, the DS will be on the lower grass slope w/ the "magic carpet ride" to the top instead of being shuttled up in trucks. I'll be there for the DH race this weekend and this weekend is the first DS race of the series there so the course should be set up. I will try to get details.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Yep, the DS will be on the lower grass slope w/ the "magic carpet ride" to the top instead of being shuttled up in trucks. I'll be there for the DH race this weekend and this weekend is the first DS race of the series there so the course should be set up. I will try to get details.
Good luck, Tigg! Tell me how the ds couse is, I may want to try it in the Aug race!

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Is it legal to race DS with a single speed set up at the National Championships? Is the course even laid out level enough to have
a gear you can get a good start with and continue with for the finish?

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Sweet pics on the DS. Looks pretty similar to the DS course from last year. Does anyone have any intel on the Super D course? My guess is it is similar to last year's. I'm bummed I won't be able to race it this year; this was the year I was going to finish!