Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
start

hidden land mines

crazy kit

uphill roots

slickrock highway FAST and rough, lots of bent rims and flats

new top section, open ski trail that is the first time being used. middle section used during local series and new lower section using fresh cuts to existing trails. Long course requiring the balls to pin it fast and fit enough to peddle the traverses. Most riders are speaking positively about the course.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
There should be a NORBA rule that says every DH course must have fresh cut grassy flat turns. That course looks too fun.
Ever raced Mt. Snow? There is nothing flat about the grassy turns there. Grassy turns at Mt. Snow are deadly rock infested minefields of mystery rock & sinkholes at mach speed. God, I miss that place!!!!!:rockout:

Edit: Look closely at the pic of Adam Raphael in the USA shirt. Behind him in the grass...buried rock. In the grass below his front wheel...buried rock. At the edge of the tape waiting if you miss the line...spike rock. One day two of practice...their 50 inbred cousins come out of that moss to play. :D

Last edited:

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
Joe

thanks for asking

We wish we could be up there, Richie ruptured his spleen in a crash during practice at P-kill about ten days ago, emergency surgery to remove the spleen and stop the internal bleeding 25 staples later and he is home recovering - no riding for about 3 more weeks but he can start running next week.

rich

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Joe

thanks for asking

We wish we could be up there, Richie ruptured his spleen in a crash during practice at P-kill about ten days ago, emergency surgery to remove the spleen and stop the internal bleeding 25 staples later and he is home recovering - no riding for about 3 more weeks but he can start running next week.

rich
Oh man, didn't know! :(Sorry to hear about that Mr. Big Rich, extend my best wishes for a fast and full recovery to little Richie (I use the term "little" loosely:biggrin:)

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
slickrock highway FAST and rough, lots of bent rims and flats
Wow! These new sections of the course look killer. Especially this section. After have a freeway of a course at Snowmass last week, it would be fun to be flying down Mt. Snow this weekend!

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
Joe

thanks for asking

rich

wow...that is awful. Hope he heals up quick and well.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Yeah man thanks for the pics, keep us updated with more! Love BrokenAdam's outfit, reppin' the official colors.

Heal up Rich.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Sup guys. Hauled my a$$ out to Mt. Snow for the first time since '05..pretty stoked, the course is fast, rough/gnarly and fun. Got out on the course this morning before practice and shot some experts, then got a couple of shots of the pro dual qualies:

Joey on the upper section of the course. The upper section is pretty techy with gnarly off-cambers and super high speed sweepers that have crazy sniper rocks and holes thrown in for good measure. Pretty scary.

Horray for the east coast! This guy was obviously over the rediculously stupid amounts of humidity and opted for something more "airy". It's hot, sticky and pretty nasty over huuuur.

After the techy stuff the course turns into a high speed "hungry hungry hippo" style rockfest. So fast! Why do people over here not wear goggles?

Then into the trees where the roots come out and things get techy again. Pretty good flow in the woods which is nice! There is one very, very tech rock/root section that you must keep your speed in or suffer a complete stop. Teammate Derek Teel in the dark tree section where my flash did not go off:

A little tribute to Canada, it is not completely flat tho.

Mmm, dig into it!

And the slalom... It looks pretty cool, I think Herndon qualied first. A HELLA good match:

Mikey gettin' some, while team america and Theo cheer:

Yetis:

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Expert Dual Slalom Finals

another cool jersey on Jay Delagro second place ds 40+ expert

Roots

fast

slick rock highway, stay all the way to the right and hang on (for a while)

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Sicklines said Logan & KP are.

-ska todd
they were two of the few pros pinning it day one, most were just rolling and scoping things out. today speeds picked up dramatically. too bad freecaster didn't cover this race. the course is epic and I'd love to see a full run by the fast guys.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
they were two of the few pros pinning it day one, most were just rolling and scoping things out. today speeds picked up dramatically. too bad freecaster didn't cover this race. the course is epic and I'd love to see a full run by the fast guys.
The Freecaster Treatment would be great. I got a lot of fast HD footage today. Will cover the qualifying and race on Sunday with HD, as well. I'll have a highlight up on Bones Over Metal.com as soon as possible.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
How is it today post the rain? ( I am guessing they got a downpour last night, as we did? )
I'm getting to go up on the hill. But, the storm only raged for 45 mins around midnight. I race today and I hope it stays dry the rest of the day. The pros practice for 3 hours and then we get 2 hours. So, by the time we race it could be good and tacky.

More pics on Bones Over Metal.com